GOT World Exclusive - video footage of the Lille police incident - CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysInBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
Warning- contains bad language. NSFW.

Filmed by me, from the balcony of the Theatre in the main square, where all the flags were hung.

9 plain clothes Lille policeman chase 1 man into a crowded square in Lille before the Europa League clash with Everton. The 9 men, wielding batons and dressed like hooligans, had a few bottles thrown at them by 3 fans out of a crowd of 10000 peaceful EFC fans drinking and having a good time singing EFC songs. No-one had any idea that they were 9 policemen and feared they were Lille hooligans who had already attacked EFC fans the previous night. This prompted riot police to storm the square and indiscriminately fire tear gas cannisters at fans, the vast majority were innocent bystanders. 3 idiots throwing things were dragged away by decent EFC fans, as shown in this 4 part video.

As you can see from the videos and this photo below, the 9 undercover police were all dressed like thugs and wielding batons:

B0oxFGDIcAApWt6.jpg

Looks to me like you're right.

Although I do hope though that the jumped up idiot with the blue hood is one of the ones they arrested.

To be honest, the first thing i saw was someone throwing a bottle of a can ( a red one ) 0:09 seconds on the first video.

41 seconds on the 3rd video down, someone else throwing things? WTF.

To be honest, the first thing i saw was someone throwing a bottle of a can ( a red one ) 0:09 seconds on the first video.

Important to realise that no-one knew they were police at the time and that they were all dressed like thugs. Not an excuse for throwing stuff, but in light of the previous nights events, somewhat understandable.

ALL Everton fans not completely blameless - 99% were though, and the indiscriminate tear gas wasn't warranted though.

41 seconds on the 3rd video down, someone else throwing things? WTF.

Not condoning it like, but lets put things into perspective - 3 or 4 stupid kids, probably been on the ale since early, throwing things. There was about 9995 fans elsewhere in that square doing absolute nothing to warrant that.

I've been to Germany, Portugal and Belguim with Everton and the French police are the most heavy handed and worst ever.

I got body searched 3 times going into the ground last night. By a steward at the gate, by a policeman before the turnstile and by a policeman after getting through the turnstile. They made me empty my pockets on each occasion as well as my bag. They treated everyone like they were scum.

IMO this has been blown well out of proportion by the media. The police were bang out of order firing tear gas and bullets but there were no 'clashes' or 'riots' like some are saying.

No need for them to fire them, especially unmarked, but something of nothing IMO,was over pretty quickly...

It's not without surprise that we've had hundreds of fans from other Clubs (English and French) report of the same treatment in Lille.

The facts.

Lille Police report;

upload_2014-10-24_14-20-29.png

How did they handle it identifying one fan they wanted to remove?

They sent in a gang of thugs (who actually turned out to be unmarked police) into thousands of Evertonians to target an Evertonian - this, hours after an unprovoked attack from Lille fans to Everton fans;

Image7.jpg

upload_2014-10-24_14-21-18.png

upload_2014-10-24_14-21-34.png

A couple of Evertonians reacted. The police then panicked/knee jerked, indiscriminately firing tear gas and rubber bullets (which they initially denied doing), causing this;

upload_2014-10-24_14-16-54.png

They're lucky it was Everton. Most Clubs would have reacted and went on an absolute rampage after being treated that way.

Last edited:
It's not without surprise that we've had hundreds of fans from other Clubs (English and French) report of the same treatment in Lille.

The facts.

Lille Police report;

View attachment 4830

How did they handle it identifying one fan they wanted to remove?

They sent a gang of thugs (who actually turned out to be unmarked police) - hours after an unprovoked attack from Lille fans to Everton fans;

View attachment 4834

View attachment 4831

View attachment 4832

A couple of Evertonians reacted. The police then panicked/knee jerked, indiscriminately firing tear gas and rubber bullets (which they initially denied doing), causing this;

View attachment 4829

They're lucky it was Everton. Most Clubs would have reacted and went on an absolute rampage after being treated that way.

Those pictures are an absolute disgrace and I hope Everton Football club have these images and act accordingly because for a 70 year old man and a lid to be injured like that is a disgrace. The thing is you can actually see the undercover cops actually looking like they are enjoying themselves the absolute scum and it's a miracle that the other 9,999 blues didn't turn on that gang and beat the crap out of them because from that pic those cops just look like yobs. Everton need to get Uefa involved and people need to be disciplined for that. Could have blinded either of those Blues or even worse caused a stampede. Absolutely disgusting and apart from 4-5 piss heads throwing stuff everyone else's behaviour is absolutely second to none.

The fact they sent plain clothed police to start a ruckus with Blues, combined with the unsettling stories of the incident the night before really leads me to believe they were trying to incite something far more serious. It just doesn't make sense, and it's an absolute disgrace what has happened to people of all ages just interested in enjoying the trip and the football.

The lads throwing bottles were out of order, but the 99% of innocent Blues were telling them as much while it was happening.

I'm just happy you all came back alive. The police have overwhelming condemnation now matter whats happened thats the majority verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.