GOT World Exclusive - video footage of the Lille police incident - CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowne Plaza? Usually decent hotels them, what happened there?

Hotel is very decent , but again treat very bad indeed. Hard working blues where dictated to by hotel management and then local police , again with the threat of tear gas to finish up drinks at bar and go to room. Basically , there was a VIP event downstairs at the bar and police where called to remove all our drinks which where paid for and to go to bed 11:30pm.

As a UK Cop I am gobsmacked at their public order tactics and the heavy handed nature. Obviously we have a different style here (and we are far too soft in most situations, away from football I mean) but it's the speed at which they up the anti I find most shocking and disturbing. To have a few bottles thrown does not warrant mass cs gassing of a large crowd and rubber bullets can be fatal! I really hope blues get together and complain on mass. I hope the merseyside liaison officers witnessed it too and can add their weight to any complaints.

Lille itself was nice , their people where friendly and even joined in with events, the best was playing one bounce , heads and volleys. Another funny story was when a pre dreadlocked Lukaku lookalike walked passed and the whole of the square chanted his name.

As a UK Cop I am gobsmacked at their public order tactics and the heavy handed nature. Obviously we have a different style here (and we are far too soft in most situations, away from football I mean) but it's the speed at which they up the anti I find most shocking and disturbing. To have a few bottles thrown does not warrant mass cs gassing of a large crowd and rubber bullets can be fatal! I really hope blues get together and complain on mass. I hope the merseyside liaison officers witnessed it too and can add their weight to any complaints.
well said

Great post and really interesting to hear the view of a UK policeman. Says it all when even our police are saying the Lille police used heavy handed tactics.

Hotel is very decent , but again treat very bad indeed. Hard working blues where dictated to by hotel management and then local police , again with the threat of tear gas to finish up drinks at bar and go to room. Basically , there was a VIP event downstairs at the bar and police where called to remove all our drinks which where paid for and to go to bed 11:30pm.
Jesus, bloody disgrace. I already mentioned in a previous post, happy to take our dough but hate us with a passion. Very sad.

Most of their people seemed Fine , however a few shop owners didn't like our rowdiness on the Wednesday night. Now I'm home , I don't have to keep repeating parlez vous Anglias

This is worth noting.

According to the BBC, apart from the fella arrested for drugs, which started the whole chain of events, not one further arrest was made.

I find that astonishing.

This is worth noting.

According to the BBC, apart from the fella arrested for drugs, which started the whole chain of events, not one further arrest was made.

I find that astonishing.

Makes an absolute mockery of the 'Everton fans rioted' claims made by some in the media.

This is worth noting.

I find that astonishing.
One out of 8/10 k we are the best, sniff it Kopites.

Great post and really interesting to hear the view of a UK policeman. Says it all when even our police are saying the Lille police used heavy handed tactics.
Merseyside Police get bottles pinged at them most weekends in some areas of the City, it doesn't even make the news. If that was over here, firstly I would like to think we wouldn't be stupid enough to send in a plain clothes 'snatch squad' , with nothing ID'ing them as Cops, batons drawn, into a crowd wary after the events of the night before. Secondly, after the first bottles were thrown we would generally retreat until we had sufficient shield officers to do anything. We don't have these cs 'grenades' nor do we have rubber bullets (maybe the Met have for large scale stuff). From what I Have seen of it they have gone right to the top of the scale in terms of tactics available with little justification. We all know there will be a very small minority of pissed/coked up rats over there looking for mither but they have Policed it like we did here in the 70's/80's

Status
Not open for further replies.