Gosling to Newcastle for nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrottel

Player Valuation: £35m
Sky Sports understands:

It is understood the Premier League have been asked to make a ruling after the England Under 21 prospect was not given a new contract offer in writing.
Everton claim they offered Gosling a rise verbally, but nothing was sent to him by the due date and he could be available for nothing.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6243607,00.html

Calling Mr DaveK, come to the courtesy posting phone, please...

I intended to post a thread tonight on the Gosling situation.

It's very odd. The only reason I can conjure is that the the club wanted to check his fitness following injury before committing with a contract...

A verbal agreement? Was it taped??

If he is not going to sign a new contract you can't force him to.

I intended to post a thread tonight on the Gosling situation.

It's very odd. The only reason I can conjure is that the the club wanted to check his fitness following injury before committing with a contract...

Does the fact that he's been in Finch Farm wearing "EVERTON" kit (photographed) and that his recovery is being managed by Everton not indicate something to these hacks?

"implied terms". plus his injury and the fact - why would the boy from Devon want to go to Newcastle?

if he did go, I'd expect Everton to sue his agent (and him).

Last edited:

On the other hand, how far have Newcastle fallen???

They were trumping us for players 5 minutes ago, now they want a squad player for their marquee signing.

If he wanted to stay, he'd just sign a contract.

He hasn't, so he'll go.

Thanks for that goal Dan. All the best

blimey, where did this come from.....surely he'd have more sense to think of joining the circus of Newcastle.....

blimey, where did this come from.....surely he'd have more sense to think of joining the circus of Newcastle.....

He is going to be right down the pecking order with us though.

And on top of that he is goosed until the new year.

Non-story. He believed he was signing a new contract, he is therefore perfectly happy to commit to the club. I don't know why Sky Sports think that this fact would have changed because of a complication such as this. Newcastle are hardly going to offer him huge wages, and they're probably going back down to the Championship anyway. He'd be insane to go there instead of stay here and challenge for 4th.

Someone on Bluekipper said something very similar to this in January, he was written off at the time, but he does have a good record of being right.

So this offer from last May 2009...

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...s-two-year-contract-extension-92534-23720862/

The 19-year-old’s current deal expires at the end of next season, but Everton are keen to reward the youngster for his impact since breaking into the first team at the start of the campaign.

Wasnt signed off? Good going by the club this is. Did we pull the deal cos he got injured or has their been a delay of some sorts?

Either way...getting rid of him for nothing and keeping crocks like Vaughan seems a step in the right direction me thinks......

Status
Not open for further replies.