Goodison Park Seating Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cork Evertonian

Player Valuation: £40m
Seeing that the tickets for the Sunderland match on Saturday May 8th will be going on general sale next week now is the time to work out where i will sit when im actually ordering my ticket.God i have a great sense of occasion don't i.My first trip to Goodison will be an end of season dead rubber fixture against Sunderland!I doubt i will experience vintage Goodison but this will be a seminal moment in my life.I actually might have to shed a tear or two or three when i get to my seat and they will be tears of both joy and sadness.Tears at the joy of being here and tears that after all my highs and lows in life that i will finally have reached my promised land.I just hope the lad's put on a show and give the opposition a proper thumping.The plan is to get the number 19 bus from town to Goodison.If people have better ideas with regards to getting to the ground then please tell me.

Now as for where i will sit i am looking at the Upper Gwladys or Lower Gwladys Street, the paddock or the Top Balcony.There's a little voice in my head saying go for the Upper Gwladys although i might go for the lower Gwladys Street end if i can get an unobstructed seat.I think the advice of people who have a knowledge of every nook and cranny of Goodison would help here.I personally myself want a decent view while sitting in a stand where the atmosphere is as lively as possible.However i might need to take the needs of my father who will be travelling with me into account by opting for a more quieter stand.

Seeing that the tickets for the Sunderland match on Saturday May 8th will be going on general sale next week now is the time to work out where i will sit when im actually ordering my ticket.God i have a great sense of occasion don't i.My first trip to Goodison will be an end of season dead rubber fixture against Sunderland!I doubt i will experience vintage Goodison but this will be a seminal moment in my life.I actually might have to shed a tear or two or three when i get to my seat and they will be tears of both joy and sadness.Tears at the joy of being here and tears that after all my highs and lows in life that i will finally have reached my promised land.I just hope the lad's put on a show and give the opposition a proper thumping.The plan is to get the number 19 bus from town to Goodison.If people have better ideas with regards to getting to the ground then please tell me.

Now as for where i will sit i am looking at the Upper Gwladys or Lower Gwladys Street, the paddock or the Top Balcony.There's a little voice in my head saying go for the Upper Gwladys although i might go for the lower Gwladys Street end if i can get an unobstructed seat.I think the advice of people who have a knowledge of every nook and cranny of Goodison would help here.I personally myself want a decent view while sitting in a stand where the atmosphere is as lively as possible.However i might need to take the needs of my father who will be travelling with me into account by opting for a more quieter stand.
Search 'first time at Goodison' ; plenty of opinions

upper or lower gwladys or upper bullens for me.
Avoid lower bullens for sure and the top balcony is too high up for my liking.
Park end if good but youll never get a decent ticket
If you get your tickets from stub hub rather than everton there will much better seats available..and probably cheaper too if its a dead rubber

Top Balcony if you're rock enough to cope with it. Gets pretty fiesty when the oyster bar starts running low on Champers

Don't get a seat at the back of the Lower Gwladys Street stand. You'll be sitting under the top stand and your view is like looking through a letter box - and you may not be able to see either score board. When the fans stand up - whenever the ball crosses the half way line - you won't be able to see anything.

And the view from the back of the Lower Bullens - underneath the Upper Bullens - can be pretty bad too. But the Park End is a cantilever stand, so there are no columns to block your view.

I don't know how Everton define an obstructed view - the seats vary wildly. Some just have a column blocking the view of the goal - some are terrible. But if Sunderland don't take up all their seats, extra seats should be released in the Upper Bullens.

You can also catch a Merseyrail train from Liverpool Central. But works at Moorfields station could affect the return trip to Lime Street station - check the Merseyrail website. Nearest station to Everton is Kirkdale, a 10 minute walk, just follow the other fans. Or you can catch the Soccerbus which runs from Sandhills station to the ground - ask for a Soccerbus ticket when you buy your train ticket.

Have a good trip to Goodison. Enjoy the whole day - regardless of the result! Go to the Fan Zone behind the Park End. Snodin and Stuart usually appear on the stage approx 45 minutes before kick-off. And both teams come out to warm up on the pitch about 30 minutes before kick off.

Main stand/Upper Bullens for good views of the game without getting caught in some wierd LG vs Park end thing on here. LG for strongest (whether good or bad) atmosphere. Enjoy the game I hope you make a great day of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.