Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that yesterday Tommy,I think it's the best the place has looked for many,many years,and I'll tell you what,you certainly know where you are with all the banners.:)
Every one of us should, if able, take the 15 minutes it takes to walk around and see how great it all looks. It's looking like we will be leaving her behind soon so embrace her beauty while we can.

Sake. Getting all melancholy writing that. I'm gonna cry so much when we do go. I 'kin love that place.

Every one of us should, if able, take the 15 minutes it takes to walk around and see how great it all looks. It's looking like we will be leaving her behind soon so embrace her beauty while we can.

Sake. Getting all melancholy writing that. I'm gonna cry so much when we do go. I 'kin love that place.
Don't start me off now mate:(

Don't start me off now mate:(
crying-man.gif

Had enough time for a walk around the ground yesterday pre match. Loved it. There was a great buzz around the place. Think it's great what they've done with the exterior. When I was in the ground I was thinking a similar GOODISON sign on top of the Gwladys St roof edge, facing into the ground would look great. Also the flagpoles on the roof of the Bullens, get them flags flying on match days!

Very good day and very fitting tributes to Alex Young from the match day programme to the piper and the on screen snippets from the Golden Vision documentary. Brilliant.

saw some people asking the stewards to take their pictures with goodison in the background after the match

mostly couples

makes me think that one day when I grow up and hopefully get married and have kids I won't be able to do that which is kinda sad

there will obviously be new memories made at the new ground, but goodison is just something special

Give yourself 15 minutes to walk right round next home game. Worth it. The old dear looks great and photos don't give a true perspective.
Did this on Saturday. Walked round the whole ground with me arl fella my eldest lad. Stadium looks amazing but if they get the yellowy brown perspex replaced it will be just about perfect. At least until Bramley Moore is up and running

Did this on Saturday. Walked round the whole ground with me arl fella my eldest lad. Stadium looks amazing but if they get the yellowy brown perspex replaced it will be just about perfect. At least until Bramley Moore is up and running
Looks great doesn't she. I suppose we can pretend the yellow perspex is liver spots. Happens to all the old ones at some point. :oops:

Looks great doesn't she. I suppose we can pretend the yellow perspex is liver spots. Happens to all the old ones at some point. :oops:
Yeah credit to all involved. To think there were some saying it's pointless throwing money at Goodison if we are moving soon. They couldn't have been more wrong. If we are deffo moving to the docks, it means the old girl looks good for her final years rather than the ramshackle mess that she'd been allowed to become. What better way to say farewell to one of English football's most historic stadiums. Lipstick on a pig?? No, more like dolled up in her finest for one last swansong

Last year after going there for 20 years was the first time I'd stop wanting to go with that clown in charge, now after the makeover there's two scousers running the midfield and the leagues top goal scorer scoring for fun. It's a wonderful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.