Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks great. But why waste the expense of we're moving in three years?

Because we can.

The cost of this is PEANUTS to Everton football club.

They can probably do this for around £250,000 to half a million and it in reality doesn't cost Everton anything under the regulations.

Its probably coming straight from Moshiri. (cost written off directly by him).

A statement of intent. He wants the ground smartened up.

Simple as that.

Letting the ground go to ruin won't be allowed to happen under him.

Its probably coming straight from Moshiri. (cost written off directly by him).

I doubt very much it's coming direct from him, why would he subsidise an expense the club can afford?

Pure speculation on my part but the freshening up of Goodison may be a precursor to a short term naming rights deal.

I say we keep it simple and just go with this

View attachment 26457
Id much prefer this
CkxCO-sXEAABs3p.jpg

I doubt very much it's coming direct from him, why would he subsidise an expense the club can afford?

Pure speculation on my part but the freshening up of Goodison may be a precursor to a short term naming rights deal.

I'll answer using the words of a well known and respected poster on this forum:

'Because we can'

Any infrastructure spending is totally exempt on regulatory restrictions in terms of ownership write offs. So it would make sense that Moshiri pays for it rather than the club.

I'll answer using the words of a well known and respected poster on this forum:

'Because we can'

Any infrastructure spending is totally exempt on regulatory restrictions in terms of ownership write offs. So it would make sense that Moshiri pays for it rather than the club.

Nope.

Esk agrees with me tho.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Myself and Esk were debating the potential funding formula for this short term infrastructure spending.

He says short term commercial.

I'm saying owner paid - due to regulatory compliance advantages

You've not actually said anything other than 'nope'

But given you never understood FFP in the first place (and even laughably said 'its dead') that really doesn't impact the discussions.

To be clear @The Esk

I'm saying owner write off - on the basis ALL commercial revenues contribute to squad/player salaries compliance.

Simple as that.
While @The Esk suggests it may be due to a short-term naming/sponsorship deal (which may be true), I'm confident your point is an aspect of it.

A relatively small amount of money may easily improve the image and profile of the clubs' stadium, which with TV coverage, can go along way.

I am sure Moshiri wants to improve our overall profile: new manager; new back room staff; improved squad. A better public image is another part.

Myself and Esk were debating the potential funding formula for this short term infrastructure spending.

He says short term commercial.

I'm saying owner paid - due to regulatory compliance advantages

You've not actually said anything other than 'nope'

But given you never understood FFP in the first place (and even laughably said 'its dead') that really doesn't impact the discussions.

FFP is dead, as proven by the fact we will be able to spend an utter fortune this window.

The club will pay for the ground, out of savings made across the board since Mosh took over, wages saved, interest payments saved.

So indirectly The Mosh will pay, but directly the money will come from the club.

While @The Esk suggests it may be due to a short-term naming/sponsorship deal (which may be true), I'm confident your point is an aspect of it.

A relatively small amount of money may easily improve the image and profile of the clubs' stadium, which with TV coverage, can go along way.

I am sure Moshiri wants to improve our overall profile: new manager; new back room staff; improved squad. A better public image is another part.

Exactly mate.

It's all about/going towards creating a brand, the way City have. Yes, we are moving soon, but would you as a business tie yourself with Goodison? Probably not, its great for us as Everton fans but realistically it looks outdated. Make it look nicer, start creating the brand before we move.

Status
Not open for further replies.