Goodison Matchday Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodison9

Player Valuation: £500k
Thinking back to happier times and how much has changed it’s mad to think how a routine seems a million miles away, interesting to hear what people do religiously of a match day.

Mine is all jump a prebooked taxi down to the Thomas Frost about 2 hours before depending on the kick off time and order a few rounds of bottles of Moretti.

Stand outside trying to glimpse some action from the early kickoff on the tele, all while talking about how shocking we are and then the feeling of dread that comes when we see the names of “Davies and Sigurdsson” in the midfield. Always the same lads in the corner that start up a song and depending on the opposition they might sing back.

Walk the match bottle of Moretti in hand just in time to hear the sirens as soon as we walk past the fanzone outside.

Go down to the bar on the 34th minute of the match to beat the queues, toilet for a piss then stand and watch and miss the goals of the rest of the half on the screens untill the rest come down.

Back to either the Thomas frost or the Leigh Arms for a pint after the match and depending on the result either stay out or go home.

Can’t wait for it to all go back to normal, madness how something that seemed so simple would seem massive now especially with this team!

Thinking back to happier times and how much has changed it’s mad to think how a routine seems a million miles away, interesting to hear what people do religiously of a match day.

Mine is all jump a prebooked taxi down to the Thomas Frost about 2 hours before depending on the kick off time and order a few rounds of bottles of Moretti.

Stand outside trying to glimpse some action from the early kickoff on the tele, all while talking about how shocking we are and then the feeling of dread that comes when we see the names of “Davies and Sigurdsson” in the midfield. Always the same lads in the corner that start up a song and depending on the opposition they might sing back.

Walk the match bottle of Moretti in hand just in time to hear the sirens as soon as we walk past the fanzone outside.

Go down to the bar on the 34th minute of the match to beat the queues, toilet for a piss then stand and watch and miss the goals of the rest of the half on the screens untill the rest come down.

Back to either the Thomas frost or the Leigh Arms for a pint after the match and depending on the result either stay out or go home.

Can’t wait for it to all go back to normal, madness how something that seemed so simple would seem massive now especially with this team!
So the ale is more important than the football itself would you say ?

Meet @JordanianEmbassy in town, bus from Lime St or St. Johns up to the ground, used to be a couple in the Spellow before it shut, bimble round St Luke' s, curry rice and chips from the dragon.
Two hours in the upper Bullens on a roller-coaster of emotion.
Walk back into town, watch the late game in the Excelsior or the Vernon, may or may not get some scran. 2 or 3 for the road in the Ship. Home for a bourbon. Write off Sunday.

I'm almost in tears writing that, talk about taking something for granted. :(

5 hours there, watch the match, 5 hours back. No time for luxuries like eating or drinking!
Been a while since the last time. The craphouses weren't worth the journey for the past couple years. When we can go back will probably start using the train instead. (edit: if we're still good by then)

Preferably a 1.30-2pm kick off on a Sunday. Get up and have a nice English breakfast. Take the train from Moorfields to Kirkdale and walk towards Goodison.

Having a pre match drink in either the Thomas Frost (if meeting up with anyone from on here), Players Bar&Lounge Pub or sometimes, depends if it's a nice and sunny day, the Black Horse because of the beergarden.

Have a few pints, head down to Goodison and have a little bite on my way there. After the match, back to (mostly) the Players Pub to have a few more drinks. After an hour or so walk back to Kirkdale and get the train back to Moorfields.

Go for something to eat and head for one of the city pubs, normally the Cornmarket Pub, for the rest of the evening.

Damn, been far too long!

For a 3 pm match, leave the house around 7:30 am. If traffic hasn't been a nightmare I get to Liverpool by 11:30ish then I take a walk to the Thomas Frost, have one in there and see what's about. Then might have a look in Everton One to see if anything new is in. After that I'll go to the Winslow for a bit, before having curry and chips from the Dragon. I might walk around the stadium to see the statues (weather depending).

I like to get in my seat early to take a few pictures, as I have a different seat per match just to document the old lady while I still can and that is easier while no one is around.

After the game I try and get to the car as quickly as possible so I can beat the traffic and get home between 9 and 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.