Goodison Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

larbert toffee

Player Valuation: £60m
Lots of talk about the Goodison legacy and what is going to be left when we move to BMD personally I hope there is enough left behind so fans can in the future can make a pilgrimage back to the area and reminisce, but I do fear for the area and the businesses.
I do think the club will do it's best but will it be enough?
Any thoughts or ideas, does anyone care what's left in the wake of the move ?

Lots of talk about the Goodison legacy and what is going to be left when we move to BMD personally I hope there is enough left behind so fans can in the future can make a pilgrimage back to the area and reminisce, but I do fear for the area and the businesses.
I do think the club will do it's best but will it be enough?
Any thoughts or ideas, does anyone care what's left in the wake of the move ?
That are@ of North Liverpool needs some real investment. The development may act as a bit of a stimulus for the area.

I know people are worried about the club moving, but aside from a few pubs, most of the business doesn’t rely on once week football matches do they?

That are@ of North Liverpool needs some real investment. The development may act as a bit of a stimulus for the area.

I know people are worried about the club moving, but aside from a few pubs, most of the business doesn’t rely on once week football matches do they?
Pubs, takeaways, cafe's , bookies all at risk and the general place is in quite a mess as it is, I was wondering if a visitor centre or something similar woul be viable or would fans be bothered or sentimentally soppy enough to want to re visit
The chippys will end up shutting no doubt.
Must make a ton during home games ,especially evening kick offs.
The betting shops ?
Is Everton 1 staying put?
Yes mate, all of the above, certainly the Walton Social club where I go to meet after a game would probably sink without trace, it was on it's last legs before Covid.
Not sure what would be happening with Everton 1 but that is the type of thing I'm on about, what would be left as a reminder that would draw fan's back to visit? Would hate to think that the grand old lady would be pulled down and that was it.Would fans want to visit, I've been going for 50 odd years and had so many happy memories and maybe it's the fact I now live away and am soppy enough to come back to some sort of visitor centre if it was done right, perhaps even organise a bus for us all from Scotland and invite Corky over for a meet.

...a number of pubs around the Goodison have hit the wall in recent years. Whilst match days are certainly a boost for local business, it is only once or so a fortnight and none at all during the summer.

I think the plans with BMD is that it will provide a widely used facility outside of matchdays.

Pubs, takeaways, cafe's , bookies all at risk and the general place is in quite a mess as it is, I was wondering if a visitor centre or something similar woul be viable or would fans be bothered or sentimentally soppy enough to want to re visit

Yes mate, all of the above, certainly the Walton Social club where I go to meet after a game would probably sink without trace, it was on it's last legs before Covid.
Not sure what would be happening with Everton 1 but that is the type of thing I'm on about, what would be left as a reminder that would draw fan's back to visit? Would hate to think that the grand old lady would be pulled down and that was it.Would fans want to visit, I've been going for 50 odd years and had so many happy memories and maybe it's the fact I now live away and am soppy enough to come back to some sort of visitor centre if it was done right, perhaps even organise a bus for us all from Scotland and invite Corky over for a meet.
I can’t see a visitor centre having any legs really. A year or so then closure. I’m not sure Everton 1 will last either. It’s there to sell to fans milling round on match day.

Everton need to leave the Goodison site in a good state, which is what is planned. Beyond that, the wider problems of Walton Road do need addressing, but by politicians.

I can’t see a visitor centre having any legs really. A year or so then closure. I’m not sure Everton 1 will last either. It’s there to sell to fans milling round on match day.

Everton need to leave the Goodison site in a good state, which is what is planned. Beyond that, the wider problems of Walton Road do need addressing, but by politicians.
A themed cafe bar or restaurant with a smaller shop attached would be ok filled with memorabilia would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.