Goodbye Johnny Stones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article mate,when he's "on" his game he is probably the only centre back in the country you would pay to watch,problem last season was our previous manager appeared to encourage him to take unnecessary risks which eventually eroded the crowds and Stones own confidence to the point where he was bombed out of the team,I'd love to see him playing under Koeman, but it would appear the lads heads been turned,we'll get the money in and have to trust in our new boss and DOF judgement re:a replacement and we'll go again:)

Decent article that, I'll defo miss him but I don't think it will affect the team him leaving as he has gone backwards under RM.

Him bringing the ball out of defence is a thing of beauty though, City have signed a very very good footballer should he manage to fulfil his massive potential.

Not a chance would Goodison have been fine with losing to City in exchange for a Fellaini twirl.

I'm not sure Everton is any more appreciative of skill/hard work than any other fan base, really.

Nice article which almost made me wish he wasn't going, but there are better defenders out there that we need at a fraction of his selling price that would stop goals going in, give me a bit of agriculture in my centre half every time, especially up the centre forward's behind. Good luck to the lad I hope he improves and has a successful career wherever he plays, except when he gets thumped with ball into the net by an Everton forward.

Watching the preseason so far, we have looked quite open at the back and this needs to be addressed before Spurs arrive.

Not a chance would Goodison have been fine with losing to City in exchange for a Fellaini twirl.

I'm not sure Everton is any more appreciative of skill/hard work than any other fan base, really.

With respect them mate, you possibly aren't old enough to remember Goodison massively applauding a Duncan McKenzie goal for Chelsea against Everton.

With respect them mate, you possibly aren't old enough to remember Goodison massively applauding a Duncan McKenzie goal for Chelsea against Everton.

What a strange comment. Duncan McKenzie was an ex-Evertonian, for starters. And it's a pretty lame argument anyway.

What a strange comment. Duncan McKenzie was an ex-Evertonian, for starters. And it's a pretty lame argument anyway.

I didn't think it strange or lame personally.
All I'm trying to illustrate is that whilst we want all the things other fans want, we seem - or have done done during the near half century I've been watching the Blues - to appreciate quality as well as if not better than the rest.

A good player who admittedly did have his faults but was not the finished article. Just hope he doesn't go the way of Jeffers or Rodwell after their 'big' moves.

Good and timely article. Thanks

I was at the Stadium MK on Tuesday and was excited to see him come on in the 2nd half.

At one point there were three Dons players around him.....He turned one way.....then another and finally glided away from them all. The ball was never at risk as it was never more than a few inches from his feet.

That's class that. No bitterness in your leaving, John. Just a bit wistful. But thank you for some of the classiest play I've ever seen by an Everton player.....and I watched Young in his pomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.