Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Cenk Tosun

Total players: 26

Players purchased so far: 4

Begovic, Townsend, Gray, Lonergan

Players culled so far: 4
Bernard, Virginia(Loan), Kean(Loan), Nkounkou(Loan)

Non-HG players: 10
Homegrown players: 14
UnderAge players: 2

Manager: Undefined

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Lucas Digne

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (7)
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)

Wide Forwards (6)
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (3)
Salomón Rondón
Cenk Tosun

Total players: 27

Players purchased so far: 5

Begovic, Townsend, Gray, Lonergan, Rondon

Non-HG players: 11

DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Lucas Digne

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (7)
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)

Wide Forwards (6)
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (3)
Salomón Rondón
Cenk Tosun

I doubt there is another professional football team as short as us at full back.

I dont like the squad. I dont like the window. Its 3/10 at best. If any of these players in their last year get an extension, I may physically explode.

Goalkeepers (3)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
Andy Lonergan (HG)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

Left Backs (1)
Lucas Digne

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (7)
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)

Wide Forwards (6)
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (3)
Salomón Rondón
Cenk Tosun

One genuine left back and one right back capable at this level and he is 33. Absurd

Goalkeepers 2
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)

Right Backs 1
Séamus Coleman

Left Backs (1)
Lucas Digne

In reality it’s this, as all the others I’ve scrubbed are either never available or not actually good enough for the PL.
even some of the ones left in there are massive crocks, such as Gbamin, Rodriguez and Mina.

I know people are going to go on and on about the fullbacks but honestly the squad is the right size or even a little too big when you don't have Europe. You only really need 8 or 9 defenders and we have that. Yes Kenny isn't the quality we want, Branthwaite is probably a season away and Godfrey is less than ideal fullback cover but if you aren't going to sell somebody you've got enough bodies. Considering we're playing two center mids we don't need more than five or six so we're good there. The wingers and that spot Richarlison has been playing has six options and that's probably right on the money and we've got two strikers for one spot. Oh and three keepers.

I've seen a lot of "we're one or two injuries from a crisis" shouts but really we're always going to be one or two injuries from a drop off. The only way you can avoid that is to have a squad of 20 or so players of the same quality. Realistically the only way we're going to achieve that is if the quality of our 20 players is mediocre. Otherwise we'll have a drop off to our backups. The sky is not falling.

I know people are going to go on and on about the fullbacks but honestly the squad is the right size or even a little too big when you don't have Europe. You only really need 8 or 9 defenders and we have that. Yes Kenny isn't the quality we want, Branthwaite is probably a season away and Godfrey is less than ideal fullback cover but if you aren't going to sell somebody you've got enough bodies. Considering we're playing two center mids we don't need more than five or six so we're good there. The wingers and that spot Richarlison has been playing has six options and that's probably right on the money and we've got two strikers for one spot. Oh and three keepers.

I've seen a lot of "we're one or two injuries from a crisis" shouts but really we're always going to be one or two injuries from a drop off. The only way you can avoid that is to have a squad of 20 or so players of the same quality. Realistically the only way we're going to achieve that is if the quality of our 20 players is mediocre. Otherwise we'll have a drop off to our backups. The sky is not falling.
I kinda agree, we have enough "depth" in most areas, we are of course light at LB and lacking quality at RB, I like Coleman still, I know its cool to bash on Seamus and hes not the player he was, but anyway,

A lot of doom and gloom after this window, yes we didnt add in places we should have and quality-wise we are slim in depth, but we still have some very good players and whilst I suspect a top 4 battle is mucho out of reach, theres no reason why we dont have the players to have a decent season.

I kinda agree, we have enough "depth" in most areas, we are of course light at LB and lacking quality at RB, I like Coleman still, I know its cool to bash on Seamus and hes not the player he was, but anyway,

A lot of doom and gloom after this window, yes we didnt add in places we should have and quality-wise we are slim in depth, but we still have some very good players and whilst I suspect a top 4 battle is mucho out of reach, theres no reason why we dont have the players to have a decent season.
Our first 11 with a fully fit squad isnt too shabby but after that we are rank!
A long layoff for DCL and we are left with Rondon
Coleman=Kenny or Holgate
Digne=Delph or Godfrey
Doucoure=Gomes
Allan=Tom Davies

The squad is definitely the right size, however, there are players in there that are very rarely available for selection.

Mina - Often injured
Delph - Not reliable
Gbammo - As above
James - Often injured
Gylfi - Unavailable
Tosun - Unreliable and not good enough

I can see why people are frustrated as there is a good chance that the players above will very rarely be in the match day squad.

I am happy we kept hold of James, though. Hopefully, the manager uses him when he is available.

The squad is definitely the right size, however, there are players in there that are very rarely available for selection.

Mina - Often injured
Delph - Not reliable
Gbammo - As above
James - Often injured
Gylfi - Unavailable
Tosun - Unreliable and not good enough

I can see why people are frustrated as there is a good chance that the players above will very rarely be in the match day squad.

I am happy we kept hold of James, though. Hopefully, the manager uses him when he is available.
Not to mention Coleman regularly picks up injuries now because asking a 33 year old right back asked to play week in week out is always asking for trouble.

I agree the squad probably had 3 too many players however the make up is very poor. The midfield section has the right amount but unfortunately 2 are injury prone and another is unavailable. In the defence we have the right amount but the quality isn't there and there should be one more LB instead of CB. 3 GK is correct. It's in the forward area we have an extra ST Tosun who is basically draining a wage and 2 extra widers. If all our players stay fit it's not an absolute disaster squad, the problem comes when we pick up a couple of injuries we will be struggling. Maybe there is an out of contract LB we can pick up who can do a job for a year I would certainly prefer that to Delph who is barely ever fit anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.