Given up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday wasn't a surprise to me. When I started following the footie there were teams in the first Division like Southampton, Norwich, QPR, Coventry, that were never going to finish in the top half, never got relegated but could get a result against one of the title chasers. People would say that they were difficult places to go away to play. We have now become that sort of team. Don`t turn up away from home mostly and even when we do get an away win its against sides at the bottom of the league, and just by the odd goal.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs away are almost guaranteed away defeats, no matter how poor their form is going into the game. We`ve been bottling every chance we have had to get back among the elite clubs and the teams at the top are getting further and further away from us every transfer window.

We've all said it but as part of a song goes, 'you're in my heart, you're in my soul'. But we bounce back and turn up and give our support again. That's why things like yesterday hurt so much.

I fill my car week in week out going to the match with my 22 yr old lad and his mates who are all blues because of their Dads, no other reason. They are not from the City but are kids of exciled blues and who quite naturally came home from school when they were 7 stating no one else had an Everton kit and could they support Utd/Chelsea/[Poor language removed] ect. They kept there faith through a mix of threats and parental control (abuse) . They have listened to me bore them rigid with stories of being a teenage blue early / mid 80’s and how my Dad had promised me I would see the [Poor language removed] beaten at Anfield and we would win something. They have also helped me keep the faith with their youthful and blind optimism and natural and intense aversion to the [Poor language removed]. However it has been gnawing away at me and the other Dads for a couple of years now that we sold them a dream, condemning them to the life of an Evertonian. I used to joke when they complained ‘ it will make them the men they are going to be’ , ‘ bitter and twisted’ . I no longer think the joke is even close to being funny. I didn’t watch yesterday, I haven’t been since Rosenthal scored in the last minute, when my lad got back yesterday all he said was he’d rather be a blue than a koppite!
I haven't watched a rs game live on TV since we were beaten by them at Wembley in 1986,I hate them so much I wouldn't wind myself up praying they would lose...I wouldn't even go to a derby match at goodison because I hate them so much....after seeing the team sheets about 3.15pm yesterday,I decided after 34years I would watch the game live on the BBC,I was 100%certain we would win....I was asked once as a very young boy,who did I support...my answer without thinking was"any team that plays Liverpool"..that still is my answer today....Iam sorry lads,but I've given up....too much heartache.

like it or not they are the model we have to emulate, from first team through to youth team that have a fearless mentality, they are winners, we are not, in order to become winners we have to end up doing more things like they do. It hurts, but the truth often does!

I.can.only ask. After 34 years as a blue you were 100% certain we would win we could play Liverpool and they only had one player and id still think they would probably beat us. They are the devil's team. He gives you everything you want
We are God's team. He puts us through it to see if we will go to the devil. Me,. I'm staying with God
Dixie, Bally, Labby et al - have a word, lads. We cannot continue taking this. Haven't we suffered enough!

Started the day getting up at 8:30 for Sunday league match and we got smashed 6-1 (shambles)

Got back to go watch my local side burton Albion get smashed 4-1 (left after 70 mins shocking)

Then to top it off watched us lose to a bunch of overrated kids ( I now hate football)

I’ve seen Liverpool win trophies and never once been jealous, I always thought sound but they’re mings, day trippers etc.

First time I’ve come away going I am jealous not because they won the champs league last season or the fact they’re going to win the league this season. I am jealous that they have players that know what it means to play for their club and give every last drop of energy for their fans and they are united as one.

This is truly the lowest point in supporting this club, it can’t go any lower.

I haven't watched a rs game live on TV since we were beaten by them at Wembley in 1986,I hate them so much I wouldn't wind myself up praying they would lose...I wouldn't even go to a derby match at goodison because I hate them so much....after seeing the team sheets about 3.15pm yesterday,I decided after 34years I would watch the game live on the BBC,I was 100%certain we would win....I was asked once as a very young boy,who did I support...my answer without thinking was"any team that plays Liverpool"..that still is my answer today....Iam sorry lads,but I've given up....too much heartache.

Unlike you, I didn't watch it for exactly the opposite reason. I struggle to watch Derbies, home or away now, as they hurt too much.

Yesterday, they won as soon as they announced their team.

They couldn't lose. If we beat them, we beat their youth team. If they win, our strongest side couldn't beat their youngsters. And with our form for bottling it, both against them, and especially on their turf, and in particular with this current set of cowardly shitbags we call a team, they had mentally defeated us again before a ball was kicked.

Check. Mate.

I absolutely despise them and everything they stand for, and non moreso than that smirking, arrogant c**t of a manager, but that yesterday was an absolute masterstroke. The definition of domination and submission. The footballing equivalent of the school yard bully saying "Stop hitting yourself" as he smashes the weaker kids own fists in to his now bloodied nose.

And we were powerless to stop it.

The only thing we can hope is that this is the breaking point, the point where we now have so little of our dignity left to lose that we start plotting on how we can somehow get it back.

It may not be tomorrow, or even next year, but that shouldve instilled in us now a mentality that we will not rest till we can stand up to them and give as good as we get.

And if it hasn't, then there really is no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.