Give Hibbo a chance to score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needs to happen at some stage. Whenever it is he features again for whatever reason I'd love to see him try take a free kick or two (if we're comfortably ahead)
He could repeat that AIK goal

...I've seen Hibbo score a goal in a competitive game. He was a member of a very successful youth team and played in midfield in those days. Anyway, I took my kids over to Gigg Lane to watch us play Man Utd youth and Hibbert scored an absolute screamer. I don't exaggerate when I say it was a fantastic 25 yard bullet right in the top corner. He has that shooting ability so its amazing that in all of those games since he's never once repeated the feat. I'm sure Hibbo remembers the goal as clearly as I do, and there wasn't a riot.

...I've seen Hibbo score a goal in a competitive game. He was a member of a very successful youth team and played in midfield in those days. Anyway, I took my kids over to Gigg Lane to watch us play Man Utd youth and Hibbert scored an absolute screamer. I don't exaggerate when I say it was a fantastic 25 yard bullet right in the top corner. He has that shooting ability so its amazing that in all of those games since he's never once repeated the feat. I'm sure Hibbo remembers the goal as clearly as I do, and there wasn't a riot.

...just found a report for this game on Toffeeweb. It was a 3rd round FA Youth Cup tie that finished 2-2. David Powell (The Times) says;
..'..but the game belonged to the combination of Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert. Osman slipped past 3 Man Utd players before laying off to Hibbert who's drive found the top corner from 25 yards. Even Southall, or Schmeichel for that matter, wouldn't have stopped that one'.

When you think of scenarios when Goodison would just be off the scale bonkers like nothing that has ever been seen before you imagine us being 2-0 down against that lot next week, bringing it back to 2-2 and a 94th minute winner from Hibbert.

Oh. The. SCENES.

Status
Not open for further replies.