Getting to the ground Via Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFCInPeace

Player Valuation: £225k
Hello Sunderland fan here,

I'm coming to the game on Saturday via train for the first time as I normally get a coach. What is the best way of getting there?

Reading on FGG, Kirkdale is the closest but Sandhills has a bus? Is there a bus from Lime Street?? Also what is the best way of getting back to Lime Street after the game?

Also can you please give us the points so Newcastle can go down!

Many Thanks.

@SAFCInPeace

Hi mate, I usually get off at Kirkdale and walk it - you pass a few boozers on the way and there will be plenty of blue shirts to follow. 10 minute walk from there to Goodison.

If you're in town then you can get a train there from Moorfields or Liverpool Central. Takes less than ten minutes.

You can walk between Liverpool Central and Lime Street in two minutes.

There is a bus to and from Lime Street on matchdays but I don't know much about it.

Enjoy your trip, but not too much.

I'm coming to the game on Saturday via train for the first time as I normally get a coach. What is the best way of getting there?

Reading on FGG, Kirkdale is the closest but Sandhills has a bus? Is there a bus from Lime Street?? Also what is the best way of getting back to Lime Street after the game?

Many Thanks.

Best thing to do is get the train to Lime Street. From there you can either mull around in town if there's time or just cab it to the ground. There's taxis either side of the station, but the entrance on your right as you come off from the platforms is the fastest. Taxis are about £6 to the ground. Afterwards, there's busses from outside the ground (on Walton Road) that go to either Sandhills or the City Centre. Get the one back to the city centre - it's £2 and drops you about a 2 minute walk from the station.

Many Thanks.

Get off at Kirkdale and follow the crowds, 5-10 minutes depending on how quick you walk.

Also to get back, get back on at Kirkdale and go back to Central, it's a 2-3 minutes walk from Lime Street.

Also I'm sure there will be a few of your lot coming by train and that so you can always follow those. I know the other lot by yours do. Either way, enjoy yourself but not too much.

Although if you's beat us and that lot go down, we can always celebrate together.

Get off at Lime Street and enjoy the pubs in to the city centre. Then half an hour before the game go outside and hail a black cab to the ground, should cost you about six quid as lids have stated above.

You're on my endangered list of other teams I don't mind so I hope you stay up but your away games remaining are horrific.

If you think we're giving up on the Top Half of the Table trophy you have another thing coming.

@SAFCInPeace Taxi is the best shout - get out the cab and walk down when you can see the ground, don't wait or you'll be paying ;)

Cheers lads :) hopefully its a good game with us taking the points. Everton and Sunderland always had a good link due to our neighbors being equally deluded so I always enjoy meeting up with your lot

@chicoazul I agree :( We can do nothing but turn up in numbers, enjoy the day out and hope for a result from the footballing gods though.
You staying up and Newcastle going down would be a tremendous end to the season.

Agreed on the mutual appreciation of bellend neighbours who think they are more relevant than they are.

Stay around the city centre pal before getting to the ground.

Maybe best to go the Lisbon you'll get a free ride up, I'm sure they do some sort of park your hyde service I've read on here.

Many Thanks.

It's about 35 minutes walk from lime street to goodison.

It's about 12 minutes walk from kirkdale to goodison. The quickest way to travel by train is to walk to kirkdale get a train to central and then walk about 2 minutes from central to lime street.

Don't try getting merseyrail from lime street. But centrals just over the road and it's like 3 quid return to kirkdale from there.

But taxi and buses are way faster.

I'd recommend getting a taxi from lime street it isn't that expensive and you know you'll get there in plenty of time. I have to say I've always liked Sunderland and found myself having even more respect for them after last years game.

Status
Not open for further replies.