Getting to lime street station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynnthistle

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Guys looking for advice, a group of us are coming down from glasgow to the game vs villa on the 1st.

We have to be on a train leaving lime street at 17.40 to get home, couldn't get a later one as we usually do...

Is this even possible? Could a taxi be a possibility? We are in the park end, but we usually hang about at the bars close by for an hour or so at then end to get a clear run into the town...

Any advice or assistance will be greatly appreciated. COYB!!

Straight out the ground, walk up past the park and get a cab on Everton Valley. Town in ten mins.

Top lad, thanks for the advice, thought a taxi would be fine but having never made a mad rush from the ground before I wasn't sure... It's gonna be a killer leaving a few mins early but hopefully it'll be from a position of comfort! 3-0 I'd say!! Or I hope!!

I normally walk to and from Lime Street and it takes me 40 mins but like others have said if you head towards Everton Valley and Great Homer Street you will find it a lot easier to catch a cab even if you stay till the final whistle.

Top lad, thanks for the advice, thought a taxi would be fine but having never made a mad rush from the ground before I wasn't sure... It's gonna be a killer leaving a few mins early but hopefully it'll be from a position of comfort! 3-0 I'd say!! Or I hope!!

If you leave five mins before the end then you'll be easy enough to fit a good pint in by or in the station pal. Enjoy.

If your sat near the back thou make sure you get by the exits ready to be on your toes, once that final whistle goes if your still in your seat you stuck behind everyone, it can be slow to empty the park end. A Tommey says try and get a cab in Everton valley, watch out thou for Walton Lane as if they have passed Anfield Road junction they cant turn around but a lot of cabbies head towards the ground on match day so they can easily be found arund Kirkdale Vale road

If ya really worried mate, can probably pre book a cab to pick you up at a specified time, deltas probably ya best bet, just order it for somewhere 10 mins walk away from the ground so it can get their alright without a mad number of lids around

you can walk/jog it in 30-40 mins.

I did it after the Wigan QF last season but obviously left about 15 before the end of the game.

More Scottish fans, excellent! I had the same problem on my first trip to Goodison. We phoned a taxi and it took forever to reach us, as in well over half an hour. If I had known to pre book a cab as Bluestevon suggested, I would definitely have done it.

The train time table is all messed at the moment due to engineering work at the weekends between Preston and Carlisle. However, there is an alternatively to going to Lime street, you can get the 17:21 from Kirkdale to Preston change at Ormskirk it gets you into Preston at 18:22 so plenty of time to get the 19:09 bus to Carlisle and the train from Carlisle(21:52) to Glasgow Central (23:13) i.e you get he same bus and train from Preston as if you had gone from Lime Street but its only a 20 min walk to Kirkdale.

I'm sure your ticket covers any route between Preston and Liverpool so even if you have bought it already it should be OK. Best check though.

Hope this is some help.

COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.