Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't teach what he has. Yes, he's been by and large awful, but that's to do with mentality and the lack of application of his raw skill. He has talent in abundance and it'd be foolish not to take a chance on that talent for another 12 months on effectively a free, especially given we'll have European commitments next season.

Honestly mate, at times he's had me tearing my hair out, as you can see the potential their and it's so close to clicking for him, it's why i want him on loan continually until we see it click in a blue shirt, cos one day he will be tearing some league up, and well just want a chance to see him do that at us however briefly

You can't teach what he has. Yes, he's been by and large awful, but that's to do with mentality and the lack of application of his raw skill. He has talent in abundance and it'd be foolish not to take a chance on that talent for another 12 months on effectively a free, especially given we'll have European commitments next season.
...this is not yet a certainty

Untied have Sunderland and Hull at OT, then Soton away. Win all those and they are on 69 points with (what would certainly be) a superior GD.

....and further to my above post, I have just read on another thread that the FA is looking at awarding Man U 4.5 points for a win, now that Giggsy and the class of 92 are in charge

I would rather spend £20 million on him, than Lukaku at the moment.
20 million is a lot.

It all depends on his mentality. If he has the right one I'd break the bank. If he doesn't, then maybe 10 million would be right.

He has absolute bags of potential. And his weaknesses are things that can be learned. It's a question whether he'll try and fix the problems with his game.

20 million is a lot.

It all depends on his mentality. If he has the right one I'd break the bank. If he doesn't, then maybe 10 million would be right.

He has absolute bags of potential. And his weaknesses are things that can be learned. It's a question whether he'll try and fix the problems with his game.

True for both Lukaku & Gerry.

He is not worth 20m, he's worth around 10m, Lukaku isn't worth 20-25m he is worth 15m, but you pay more for a hyped up player with bags of potential

True for both Lukaku & Gerry.
Yeah, I see that.

I feel like Rom has a better mentality. Gerry has more potential to me though. I know loads of people call Lukaku lazy. I think he's tired and not ready to play all 90 for nearly every game in a season at the highest energy level. Most people aren't Leighton Baines. It's telling that his best spells were at the beginning of the season and immediately after returning from injury and that he tails off after a run of games. Kone would have made this season an entirely different affair.

Gerry seems more selfish, more arrogant...but at the same time, the kid is a magician going past defenders. His weaknesses are that he's a bit predictable and his head is down too often. Those are absolutely things that can come with age.

Rom could be one of the top 5 strikers in the world to me. Gerry could be one of the top 3 players.

I think Rom is more likely to hit his potential...but having a fully peaked Gerry would be a hell of a thing.

He is not worth 20m, he's worth around 10m, Lukaku isn't worth 20-25m he is worth 15m, but you pay more for a hyped up player with bags of potential
Worth is a function of demand.

PSG is apparently going to offer 70 million euro for Pogba...worth is completely broken these days because of the shieks and oligarchs.

Yeah, I see that.

I feel like Rom has a better mentality. Gerry has more potential to me though. I know loads of people call Lukaku lazy. I think he's tired and not ready to play all 90 for nearly every game in a season at the highest energy level. Most people aren't Leighton Baines. It's telling that his best spells were at the beginning of the season and immediately after returning from injury and that he tails off after a run of games. Kone would have made this season an entirely different affair.

Gerry seems more selfish, more arrogant...but at the same time, the kid is a magician going past defenders. His weaknesses are that he's a bit predictable and his head is down too often. Those are absolutely things that can come with age.

Rom could be one of the top 5 strikers in the world to me. Gerry could be one of the top 3 players.

I think Rom is more likely to hit his potential...but having a fully peaked Gerry would be a hell of a thing.

He's not a magician going past defenders, he ambles up to them and waits for them to dive in before he skips past. Only he doesn't skip past, he gets the ball taken off him because he thinks he's too good to be tackled.

He's had the beating of his full back about three times this season.

He's not a magician going past defenders, he ambles up to them and waits for them to dive in before he skips past. Only he doesn't skip past, he gets the ball taken off him because he thinks he's too good to be tackled.

He's had the beating of his full back about three times this season.
Terrible exaggeration.

Stoke at home. Fulham at home. Spurs at home. Liverpool at home.

His finishing needs work. His final ball needs work. But to act like he's been awful all season on the back of a few poor performances is hyperbole of the worst sort.

Terrible exaggeration.

Stoke at home. Fulham at home. Spurs at home. Liverpool at home.

His finishing needs work. His final ball needs work. But to act like he's been awful all season on the back of a few poor performances is hyperbole of the worst sort.

Its down to people hearing he's the next Ronaldo etc and expecting to see him be the level we know Ronaldo to be at, rather than remembering how inconsistent and frustrating Ronaldo was at this age

Its down to people hearing he's the next Ronaldo etc and expecting to see him be the level we know Ronaldo to be at, rather than remembering how inconsistent and frustrating Ronaldo was at this age
I'll happily admit, Gerry frustrates the life out of me! The last 5 games i've not wanted him in the team, i said it the other day, he has the potential but that takes him to learn passing, and stop sulking.

But i'm happy to admit i said Ronaldo would never become world class, all he did was step overs.

Ahh...

Status
Not open for further replies.