General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange quote from Moshiri about £250mil turning a museum into a competitive side.

Were in about the same position in the league and have lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku...

Weve got a few good players in the last window but its fairly comparable.

Hes also contradicted himself by saying 11th isnt good enough but then saying were competitive?

I think his point was, we may be in the same league position, but we're going in the right direction now.

i.e. The previous squad was old and was heading for a serious relegation battle this season... We've addressed the decline (by replacing players like Jags, Baines, Williams, Rooney, Mirrallas, and poor players like Bolasie, klassen)...

Last seasons squad can't be overhauled in 1 or 2 transfer windows, it will take time... But none of us are worried about relegation this season, which was becoming a real concern last year..

We have signed too many players though, I mean we had a 37 player first team squad at the end of last season.

We have a lot of players out on loan, a lot of players on big wages.

Honestly reading what I have tonight you should be over the moon, as I am. We will lower the squad number and invest in players who will grow, rather than just see out a contract.

Your problem is expecting it to be done NOW, its not an easy job, we have rubbish players on massive money, so we will buy players, but first we need to bin off the old 1s.

People don't realise the magnitude of what Koeman and Walsh did.

Serious question about financing BMD. At what point do EFC have to put information re. how the stadium is being financed into the public domain? Can they start work without doing this? Can they even finish work without doing this? At what point (if ever) does it have to be confirmed at an AGM? What about PPF? At what point is that side of things looked into? Thanks.

So, based on everything tonight, how are going to break into the elite?

It's going to be very difficult.

One step is the ground - that's in the works. We are still on course for 2022. Worst case is 2023. That was the message last night re. the ground. They outlined how much is needed, and where they are forecasting that money to come from. Clearly the LCC thing was the preferred route at first and for a variety of reasons that stalled and has now been moved away from. These people know more about business than we do, so let's see what happens. We've done a massive public consultation (just the first part) and we have capacity forecasted - which means designs will be done. That is progress from this time last year, whatever people try to say.

Squad wise, we're going to give the current manager time because there's no point chopping and changing. We're going to continue to be more prudent with our spending because our net spend over the past few years on transfers is frightening when you consider it hasn't made us any better. We're focusing on buying younger players on lower wages, even if that means higher fees. And we've got Brands in to oversee the process.

Strange quote from Moshiri about £250mil turning a museum into a competitive side.

Were in about the same position in the league and have lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku...

Weve got a few good players in the last window but its fairly comparable.

Hes also contradicted himself by saying 11th isnt good enough but then saying were competitive?

Additionally though hes admitted his failure in appointing Koeman and all the daft signings.

Obviously im happy that he wants ua to have a young team to grow.

The thing is those players need to be signed...so its rubbish that were signing too many players...we need massive changes in the squad.

Kind of on the fence a bit...

Think of the context Zat. He has tried to turned us into a competitive side. It hasn't worked out yet.

I think, when you put it in context, that was the message. He isn't saying it's done yet.

Moshiri in talking bollocks shocker. We’re in exactly the same position on the pitch as we were when he took over because of him hiring crap flavour of the month managers. Hopefully he has nothing to do with the football aspect anymore because he’s as knowledgeable on football as Josef Fritzel is on good parenting.

People don't realise the magnitude of what Koeman and Walsh did.
Staggering negativity here. We have been through the hard times, were still in the hard times and its tough being an Evertonian. My wife once asked me what had I done in bringing them up as blues taking them home and away we've had some dark days but we have to look forward now and be positive. I believe the collective consciousness we have as Evertonians is the biggest obstacle. We never win away at the big teams, we don't beat the RS, collective we don't believe we can, we wollow in the negative and on here it's illustrated perfectly. We need to have faith in a brighter future. I believe with Brands, the dialogue, action in the club more recently we will get there. It's gonna take time.

Moshiri in talking bollocks shocker. We’re in exactly the same position on the pitch as we were when he took over because of him hiring crap flavour of the month managers. Hopefully he has nothing to do with the football aspect anymore because he’s as knowledgeable on football as Josef Fritzel is on good parenting.
he acknowledged he made mistakes, he acknowledged that there has been bad judgement.

He;s pumped money into the club and says he will continue to do so.

Serious question about financing BMD. At what point do EFC have to put information re. how the stadium is being financed into the public domain? Can they start work without doing this? Can they even finish work without doing this? At what point (if ever) does it have to be confirmed at an AGM? What about FFP? At what point is that side of things looked into? Thanks.

Serious question about financing BMD. At what point do EFC have to put information re. how the stadium is being financed into the public domain? Can they start work without doing this? Can they even finish work without doing this? At what point (if ever) does it have to be confirmed at an AGM? What about FFP? At what point is that side of things looked into? Thanks.

They're under no obligation to tell anyone anything. It doesn't effect FFP.

Moshiri & Usmanov's are funding an epic tale of Bill life's for the big screen. There will be a stage production to follow in which Bill himself will star as himself from every moment in time, from his first steps to the preset day?
Who will they get to play the part of the lads that pissed on his back in the boys pen
I’d say a few lads would be interested in the part lol

Status
Not open for further replies.