Gareth Farrelly - Once a saviour, still a blue (Video).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-GOTTV

Player Valuation: £8m
I know this probably isn't the best time given that we're all getting a bit concerned about how bad things are getting atm, but maybe a good thing to do is to remind ourselves of how Gareth Farrelly once had to save us from relegation. After all, for those of us who can remember the late 90s, things looked pretty bleak back then.

Anyway, my self and the uber-talented @BrendanGOT interviewed Gareth at the Winslow the other night:

He was great to chat with and he still loves Everton. in the video, G-Faz told me about that memorable goal against Coventry, some of his former EFC teammates, falling out with Big Sam at Bolton (lol), his recovery from a life-threatening illness and going to study law.

As always, let us know if you watched it and enjoyed it as much as we enjoy making videos for @GrandOldTeam. Hopefully more to come soon.

I know this probably isn't the best time given that we're all getting a bit concerned about how bad things are getting atm, but maybe a good thing to do is to remind ourselves of how Gareth Farrelly once had to save us from relegation. After all, for those of us who can remember the late 90s, things looked pretty bleak back then.

Anyway, my self and the uber-talented @BrendanGOT interviewed Gareth at the Winslow the other night:

He was great to chat with and he still loves Everton. in the video, G-Faz told me about that memorable goal against Coventry, some of his former EFC teammates, falling out with Big Sam at Bolton (lol), his recovery from a life-threatening illness and going to study law.

As always, let us know if you watched it and enjoyed it as much as we enjoy making videos for @GrandOldTeam. Hopefully more to come soon.

Nice work Adders. Particularly enthused by your labelling of him as G-Faz.

Considering he was somewhat underwhelming as a player, I think I enjoyed this as your best work so far mate, very engaging interview with an interesting and nice fella, also I reckon you've lost some weight, looking good mate

Considering he was somewhat underwhelming as a player, I think I enjoyed this as your best work so far mate, very engaging interview with an interesting and nice fella, also I reckon you've lost some weight, looking good mate

Ha-ha. Thanks mate, I said to @BrendanGOT after this one that I probably enjoyed it the most. Interesting chap, is Gareth. And yeah, overindulged on my honeymoon so been doing extra cardio, zero bread in the week and off the ale apart from Saturdays. Evidently making a difference. Nice one.

I was there - I was 14, I think. It was insane. We had Aussie relatives who went the match with us and had to explain that no, not all Everton matches end up with fans running on the pitch. And because this was before social media was a thing, I remember people in the crowd had transistor radios with them to find out what the scores were. Someone gave my brother a bit of Goodison turf as we were walking back to the car. He built a little shrine for it.

Thank you, based Gareth :dance:

Ha-ha. Thanks mate, I said to @BrendanGOT after this one that I probably enjoyed it the most. Interesting chap, is Gareth. And yeah, overindulged on my honeymoon so been doing extra cardio, zero bread in the week and off the ale apart from Saturdays. Evidently making a difference. Nice one.
He's lying really it's just my camera skills making him look in shape! Was a great interview mate even for me standing behind the camera, he was very responsive and open like, a real nice guy! Big Nev is still my favourite though simply cuz he told you to be quiet 20 seconds into the interview and we had to restart the shoot! lol lol

Thanks again Adam. I was genuinely happy the day we signed, ahem, G-Faz. I remember getting excited because there was talk that other sides were in for him but we got there first. Not something we did/do very often. Turns out Mr Farrelly, despite seeming like a nice fella, wasn't the midfield dynamo I'd been led to believe, but I think he'd be first to admit he was no Maradona. Never forget that goal though and will always remain thankful to the bloke. Christ, we came close huh?

Well in

Status
Not open for further replies.