Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be a great signing if we can get him
Totally unspectacular type of player, but that's what we need- a neat and capable distributor in CM

A loan would be a useful signing. It wasn't so long ago he was running a decent Aston Villa side. We definitely need to bolster our numbers in the centre. We look very light there as we still haven't replaced Rodwell or Neville.

At his age, only a loan deal not a signing with a 3/4 contract, we can't get shut of JH, so we not need another long in the tooth player who won't go.

I have reason to believe Gareth Barry doesn't exist. He's more of a notion than a player, like Jesus or the scally with the heart of gold.

I heard he's being installed at Goodison as we speak, he's being planted in the centre circle.

Personally I think it's be a great move providing we don't pay his full wage. Would give us that extra bit of depth in the middle that we obviously could do with.

I can't think of any good reason we would want Barry.

I can't even think of a bad reason.

Never understood how he was rated so highly when he was younger.

And Liverpool lost the best midfield player they have had this century when Rafael tried to buy him.

.....I'm presuming this is happening. I wouldn't mind. I remember what I think was his debut for Villa in a first game of the season 0-0 at Goodison. He was a young centre back up against Ferguson and did remarkably well. A lot of water has passed under the bridge and much will depend on how the riches have impacted his desire to play, but if he still has a hunger then he must be a good acquisition.

why sign barry on loan when he is in his last year of his contract.sign him for 1m or 1m loan fee.either sign him up for a couple of years or don't bother at all.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.