Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe besic will be our long term DM and he will be bloody good at it. i think martinez may think this was as well but it's still too early hence the "push out too quickly comments". barry is the perfect person to watch regarding positioning it must be said - i myself would rather see besic watch videos of him and be starting there and learn from his mistakes on the pitch.

I dont think hes finished, but he showed at times that we need to manage him better in terms of rest between games.

I think hes very much got a role in the team/squad, but its a position we are heavily stacked in and along with Gibson, he would be somebody I wouldnt seek bids for, but would be a little happy if he was moved on.

Sorry Gaz.

he should never have been playing in the league and europe and all cups. he should have been rotated with besic and possibly mccarthy playing deeper. i could pick about 7 or 8 home games that he definitely shouldn't be playing in - games we don't need a DM imo.

he should never have been playing in the league and europe and all cups. he should have been rotated with besic and possibly mccarthy playing deeper. i could pick about 7 or 8 home games that he definitely shouldn't be playing in - games we don't need a DM imo.

It was very difficult for El Fraudo, he didnt always have the luxury of resting Barry, Besic played 24 times last season, granted a few were 5minutes at the end, but the biggest factor were sadly Gibsons "issues", coupled with the boy Jamo having some.

Im sure everybody is aware how highly I rate Besic and im only gonna say this once and never repeat it, the boy has a lot to learn, but when he gets it all lined up, my God.

It was very difficult for El Fraudo, he didnt always have the luxury of resting Barry, Besic played 24 times last season, granted a few were 5minutes at the end, but the biggest factor were sadly Gibsons "issues", coupled with the boy Jamo having some.

Im sure everybody is aware how highly I rate Besic and im only gonna say this once and never repeat it, the boy has a lot to learn, but when he gets it all lined up, my God.
I'm disappointed in you.

No substitute for experience. Just saying.

What is this so called 'experience'? He gives away stupid fouls and put us out the cup in Maryinez's first season. He is a walking yellow card so then spends games in a tightrope not putting any tackles in. After all these years he still seems to struggle to pass it forward. To add to this he seemingly doesn't realise he's as slow as a sloth because midfielders just ease past him. Looks ok when there's a game he can just swan around picking passes, but anyone could do that in those types of games and they are very rare. Any game against a mobile midfield that press and Barry is rendered useless.

marked messi and bale out of games in the last year playing that DM position internationally. it's enough for me to say he'll be great in that position, with the eye for a pass. i love how nobody has got on his back about his first touch in blue. if osman did it nobody would ever forgive him ha

I fear Barry last season was one season too much - his legs have gone ten bookings - plays far too deep gets in the way of our two central defenders imo!
Very limited in good performances last season where as when playing for a contract he was boss!

Which invites teams to press us and force us back, we seen that last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.