Gang of [edit] erm, wimps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same squad that rolled over to the RS under 21's. The writing was on the wall for the cowards then for all to see. The biggest problem we have is how to get rid of so many and replace them in time for the new season.

We keep signing players that weren't good enough for the big clubs, is it any surprise they are sh*thouses. They just don't have that x factor to be a top player. Unfortunately the squad is now full of them.

The key word for me from Ancelotti is "professionalism".

Effort is the absolute bare minimum in a team game, without it you are letting your team mates down, you're letting the coaching staff down, the fans, yourself etc etc.

There are five or six who played today who absolutely couldn't be arsed with that game today. I turned it off after an hour because it was already one of the worst Everton performances I can remember. I can't think of anyone who emerged from it with any credit. I'd maybe spare Branthwaite criticism because he's obviously not ready for premier league football and Mina getting injured thrust him into it.

Hopefully Carlo has let Duncan loose on them after that and can now see that any of Pickford, Keane, Mina, Sigurdsson, Davies (as much as it pains me), Walcott, Iwobi or Bernard are completely dispensible. Roll on next season.

They might raise their game occasionally but that's it. When this lot decide they are not putting in a shift, there is nothing and nobody that will stop them, Ancelotti included.

That makes it worse actually. I think they are capable of a little if not a lot better. It might not matter to them but an extra 10 points would have us right up there. They don't care enough to fight for them.

Siggy , Davies and Pickford - 3 key positions and awful again . No midfield to defend or attack . Keep playing them and we keep loosing .. whoever wants to buy Pickford we should sell as he is just a clown who doesn’t care - thinks it’s funny when he messes up .... Carlo is going to need to be very ruthless with this squad

Too many players who don't want to put the effort in or have the desire in every match sadly and that comes from some of them earning a huge wedge and they can get away with it.

We have become very soft as a club in general. I know we do good work in the community and towards mental health awareness, but it all comes at a bit of a cost. We are overly sentimental, we are way too nice on the pitch, and footy is last on the list of things that matter at this club. We won’t change until the culture here changes drastically.

1. The players are tired
2. It was a warm day
3. It difficult for the boys to be motivated with no crowd
4 Our players are crap

The current mentality at the club isn’t gonna change until we start bringing the right players in. Those who are hungry for success and want to prove a point. We’ve been doing things the wrong way, signing average players who see us as a step down or sideways move but will take the move because it doubles their salary. The commitment and effort shown by this current set of players has been the worst I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.