Gang of [edit] erm, wimps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I wouldn't. I just thought we were talking about players we bought from the lower leagues. Didn't realise we were grading them.

Cahill wins that easily, Lescott second.

My point was more that we haven't looked to the lower leagues recently, but it's proved successful for us in the past and for many other teams in the league.
Oh yeah there’s potential there.

I've never felt more disconnected from Everton than I do now and I don't mean because of the pandemic. I have no connection to any of the players we have and I've never felt like this about an Everton squad in my life.

It used to hurt to see players linked with other clubs but when I see it now, I shrug and get on with my day. Fans stopped John Stones in a car park after an away game in the league cup, they pleaded with him to stay. We all felt angered and upset when Lukaku spoke of his champions league aspirations. Those players were part of something meaningful. These days it's all individuals and players who have no connection with anything here. If they all left tomorrow, I would struggle to name our team today in 5 years time.

Just watched Howard’s way(Awesome film, It’s on catch up on sky) and at the start there a paper article from 1983 after Everton lost 3-0 away to Wolves and the headline was...Blues hit a new low.
Let’s hope history is going to repeat itself

I've never felt more disconnected from Everton than I do now and I don't mean because of the pandemic. I have no connection to any of the players we have and I've never felt like this about an Everton squad in my life.

It used to hurt to see players linked with other clubs but when I see it now, I shrug and get on with my day. Fans stopped John Stones in a car park after an away game in the league cup, they pleaded with him to stay. We all felt angered and upset when Lukaku spoke of his champions league aspirations. Those players were part of something meaningful. These days it's all individuals and players who have no connection with anything here. If they all left tomorrow, I would struggle to name our team today in 5 years time.
I share your indifference. I’ve felt like that since Alan Ball left. - I’d struggle to name our team from last night and I spent the whole of the game shouting at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.