Games you wish could be played again(An Everton timewarp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
So many but some really stick in the craw, thinking of how the course of our history/honours may have changed for us if we had won:(

WBA 1968 Cup Final
City 1969 Semi Final
Panathinaikos 1971 European Cup
RS 1971 Semi Final
Carlisle(Home and Away 1975)
Luton Away 1975
Sheffield Utd Home 1975
RS Semi Final 1977
Villa League Cup Final 1977
West Ham Semi Final 1980
City 1/4 Final 1981
Man Utd 1/4 Final 1983
RS Milk Cup Final 1984
Man Utd FA Cup Final 1985
Oxford Away 1986
RS FA Cup Final 1986
Villareal 2004 Champions League qualifier
Chelsea League Cup Semi 2008
Chelsea FA Cup Final 2009
Wigan FA Cup 1/4 Final 2012

The majority of these games we had a real shout in but somehow "Everton that"moments occurred, fascinating to think how circumstances may have been different for our club if even half of these games had gone our way, there'll be loads I've missed out(AC Milan/Dukla Prague in Europe spring to mind as I'm typing thislol)

Difficult but think I would go for Man United 85,to do a treble would be as good as it gets,but Oxford away still makes me ill
Yep,utd at the time it was gutting but we'd won the other two pots but over the years you realise opportunities to create history like the treble don't come around that often,in fact if you look at the next season it could/should have been a domestic "double,double":(

Yep,utd at the time it was gutting but we'd won the other two pots but over the years you realise opportunities to create history like the treble don't come around that often,in fact if you look at the next season it could/should have been a domestic "double,double":(
@Dario Terracotta,you listed a horror show of "Everton that" fmgames but didnt say what yours was,also I hate you for listing them

@Dario Terracotta,you listed a horror show of "Everton that" fmgames but didnt say what yours was,also I hate you for listing them
Apologies mate,inflict your hate on me,i feel your pain!!the first games I really remember as a kid them letting us down were the Carlisle/Luton/Sheffield utd games in 1974/75,i really thought the title was sown up!!I'don't want to look at any more, in fact gawd knows why I made this thread;):blush:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.