Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I didn't get why we wanted him in the first place.. yeah he might be decent but we obviously intended to offer Keane a new deal, Mina is probably just as good on his day and we all know how boss Holgate is. If we had signed him, it's likely that Branthwaite and Holgate would probably get hardly any game time, with Mina and Keane being very expensive to just keep on the bench.
Holgate really impressed me at times last year but he's still got to prove he's a genuine top class player. He's not fully that made position his own yet and he's uncapped at a time when players like Keane and Coady are getting England call ups. I hope he can push on from last year and see no reason why he can't, but I think some people have gone a little over the top on how good he is. Keane I still think is just decent and Mina has got a fair bit to prove. In an ideal world I'd have definitely wanted a centre half upgrade, but I understand why it wasn't made a priority. I'd be very surprised if it's not next on the list though.

Wonder how our window would look if we got this geezer. Would the funds have been there to get an entire new midfield? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.