Future XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymzee

Player Valuation: £150m
This is all conjecture of course but taking an arbitrary future season, say 2018/19 when the likes of Howard (please God), Jags, even Baines maybe won't be playing for us anymore; what would you like our starting XI to be?

This is hypothetical in the sense I'm going to say we won't sell any of our young stars between now and then. Obviously there are players we need to buy in and also youth players we can hope carry on progressing but only time will tell.

I think with 4-3-3 we could see something like this:

GK: ???

RB: Coleman
CB: Stones
CB: Funes Mori/Galloway/Holgate
LB: Garbutt/Galloway/Robinson

CM: Barkley
CM: McCarthy/Besic
CM: Walsh/Ledson/Evans

RW: Gerard
ST: Lukaku
LW: ???

--

I'm bored at work so just interested to see what people's thoughts are about future season's squads.

This is all conjecture of course but taking an arbitrary future season, say 2018/19 when the likes of Howard (please God), Jags, even Baines maybe won't be playing for us anymore; what would you like our starting XI to be?

This is hypothetical in the sense I'm going to say we won't sell any of our young stars between now and then. Obviously there are players we need to buy in and also youth players we can hope carry on progressing but only time will tell.

I think with 4-3-3 we could see something like this:

GK: ???

CB: Funes Mori/Galloway/Holgate
LB: Garbutt/Galloway/Robinson

CM: Barkley
CM: McCarthy/Besic
CM: Walsh/Ledson/Evans

RW: Gerard
ST: Lukaku
LW: ???

--

I'm bored at work so just interested to see what people's thoughts are about future season's squads.

Worst case scenario: next summer we will see our team torn apart.
Stones
Barkley
Lukaku

They all will be targeted by top clubs.

This is how we look now in terms of young players in the first team with game time...

GK -- ?? / ??
RB -- Coleman / ??
RCB -- Stones /Browning
LCB -- Galloway / Mori
LB -- Garbutt / ??
DM -- McCarthy / Besic
CM -- Barkley / Cleverley
AM -- ?? / ??
LW-- ?? / ??
RW -- Deulofeu / ??
ST -- Lukaku

Clearly we need a GK and at the moment 90%+ of us seen to want Butland. He would fit in perfectly in terms of age and ability, for backup i suppose Griffiths is around the England U20 squad so could be backup?

Left back is a strange one and we should hopefully see Garbutt competing with Baines next season. Full back is crucial to our setup and hopefully Kenny comes through at right back and we should see more of Holgate i imagine.

It's clear Martinez wants a playmaker type who would either take over from Pienaar or play in the traditional role behind the forward. I imagine Cleverley would slot into the vacant position.

Walsh, Evans, Ledson and Dowell seem like ones to watch and so we would look tremendously strong in the centre if they came through and pushed there way in.

Other than goalkeeper our weakest area is striker as we dont seem to have anyone coming through although Breel Embolo has been linked.

Hopefully over this and next season we see alot of players moved out and replaced with youth or top young players such as Butland signed.

GK: Robles

CB: Galloway
LB: Garbutt

CM: Rooney
CM: The Adidas Barry 3000
CM: Evans 'Do

RW: Juninho Pele Jr III/That young Blue Lar Bullyin' em I saw on 'tube abar 5 year ago
ST: Embolo
LW: Fischer

I actually forgot Dowell somehow but yeh he should definitely be around the set up. Positions that worry me are keeper, left wing, right-back and striker the most. Not sure how much is in the links for Embolo/El Ghazi/Yarmz but hopefully by next summer we'll have reduced the squads age down by binning Howard, McGeady, Hibbert etc. but it's clearly very crucial we recruit/promote soon to replace these positions or the squad will be very thin and that's even before we consider selling a Stones.

SK: Rulli

WBR: Stones
CB: Kongolo
CB: Giminez
WBL: Silva

DLP: Tielemans
DM: McGeady
AP: Odegaard

IF: Correa
CF: Embolo
IF: Bruma

Last edited: