Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for Richy myself. When he plays we’re a different team even if not the best on the pitch on the day.
Just wanted to say the same. Can't accept fitness issue as excuse for 2nd half display. Again defence looks to cracky, Mina again like lost in the dark. Hope Carlo will sort it out, altough it's not like he didn' t have enough time allready

True, they have also conceded an awful lot of goals, when we play in an attacking style we have scored plenty: I hope Carlo uses that style v Leeds, not the second half style of today’s game.
Didn't see the game today but reading various reports it seems we parked the bus in the second-half. We don't have the quality of defenders to park the bus. One of the criticisms I read in match reports on here is that our mid-fielders are lazy and just jog about. Leeds play at 100 mph for 90 minutes, we better be ready.

We just looked shattered second half. Noticed 10 out of 11 starting players were on international duty so hopefully the laboured second half is a result of going for it first half and just running out of gas. Hopefully now with no game for 6 days we can be better at it against leeds

I'm going to answer all your questions once and for all. because James and Richy got tired in the second half?.. Why is Mina's level so low? Because Siggy's not at James level?.. WHY.. WHY.. WHY.. SIMPLY BY....

True, they have also conceded an awful lot of goals, when we play in an attacking style we have scored plenty: I hope Carlo uses that style v Leeds, not the second half style of today’s game.

The funny thing is Leeds have only conceded one more goal than us mate. We've conceded 16, they've conceded 17. there's actually only three teams in the prem that have conceded more than us, Leeds 17, Fulham 18 and West Brom 18.

A wins a win. Hopefully build on it but I've said it before and still think it. Nothing has changed with the mentality of the players, we just have enough quality to scrape results. There is no leadership on the pitch, nobody getting into the players, they just cruise along making the same mistakes. How many times did we lose the ball needlessly, clearances not going more than 30 yards. Mina needs a spell out of the side and Sigurdsson is nothing more than a parody player now. Here's how you shouldn't spend 45 million quid.

The funny thing is Leeds have only conceded one more goal than us mate. We've conceded 16, they've conceded 17. there's actually only three teams in the prem that have conceded more than us, Leeds 17, Fulham 18 and West Brom 18.
And Liverpool have conceded the same amount as us, maybe Leicester can add a couple more to Liverpool’s total tonight. The point I was making is that Everton are better attacking than defending, in fact we are very poor defending, week after week, even when we are winning and some people say “ What’s wrong with that?” The pathetic state of the defending is what’s wrong with it.

I had to go to work on just at the start of 2nd half, when I left it was comfortable, when I got to work I hear we have conceded again and they missed a pen, wtf is going on?

We cannot keep conceding 2 goals it's getting ridiculous now? A 3rd midfielder a RB and a better CB, shift a few out as they're all way to erratuc, although not helped by Pickford.

And Liverpool have conceded the same amount as us, maybe Leicester can add a couple more to Liverpool’s total tonight. The point I was making is that Everton are better attacking than defending, in fact we are very poor defending, week after week, even when we are winning and some people say “ What’s wrong with that?” The pathetic state of the defending is what’s wrong with it.

I agree going forward we've got plenty of goals in us, but Leeds have goals in them as well and that's the worrying bit because as you say our defending is pathetic. It's going to be a case of you score 4 we'll score 5.

Didn't see the game today but reading various reports it seems we parked the bus in the second-half. We don't have the quality of defenders to park the bus. One of the criticisms I read in match reports on here is that our mid-fielders are lazy and just jog about. Leeds play at 100 mph for 90 minutes, we better be ready.
Allan and doucoure were excellent today but they need help.
Screenshot_2020-11-22-18-06-47-95.jpg

Need another Allan type player to protect the defence. Mina looks iffy .
I actually think the defence should
Protect itself. If we had quality at centre back we wouldn’t be conceding goals. Too much emphasis for me on having defensive players all over the park to cover your defenders.
Mina is dreadful, Keane is poor too. Positional sense of both of them is woeful and they’re both too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.