Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne rarely has a bad match and is usually among the best 3 players. Same today but thought
Lookman went by him too easy for their second but I guess a fullback is always gonna get beat now and then.

Seriously can't believe we won that. WHY is it never easy? I wouldn't trust us with a 5-0 HT lead.

At least under Smith used to have the occasional 5 or 6 niller..... just a shame about the other 97% of games under him.
I genuinely would see what Walter Smith is doing these days if this level of performance Carrys on as we look a team who at best could hope for 8th place

First half, on the front foot, fantastic going forward, fast one touch play, clever passes, good wing back play from Iwobi and Digne. Good ball winning in the middle. James and Richy driving things. DCL, a goal machine this season
Second half, sat back, exposed our weaknesses, James and Richy tired. Our lack of squad depth very telling, the gulf of talent between the first choice players and the subs is shocking! We will struggle in every game until we strengthen in depth.

Had to head out and didn’t have chance to check my phone. 3-1 at HT, was hoping for 5 or 6. Just got home and saw 3-2.

What level of fume should I be at? Is this one of those sticking plaster wins against a garbo team that gives us no basis for further optimism? Or a dominant performance that wasn’t reflected in the scoreline?

Had to head out and didn’t have chance to check my phone. 3-1 at HT, was hoping for 5 or 6. Just got home and saw 3-2.

What level of fume should I be at? Is this one of those sticking plaster wins against a garbo team that gives us no basis for further optimism? Or a dominant performance that wasn’t reflected in the scoreline?

Didn’t see the second half but if we were as shocking as it sounds and we still came away with 3 points I suppose that’s a positive to take.

Don't think back 3 will work. We have to hope gbamin hits the ground running as to accommodate Rodriguez we need a midfield 3 who do the dirty work and stop teams just cutting us open so easy.

Didn’t see the second half but if we were as shocking as it sounds and we still came away with 3 points I suppose that’s a positive to take.
Yes and no. Personally I wanted signs that the rot had stopped. Beating a woeful outfit by the one goal, and clinging on at that, doesn’t fill me with the warm and cuddlies when thinking about the games to come.

Ah well, such is the life of an Everton fan. 3 points closer to 40, that’s all that matters for now.

Based on todays, and our recent performances, we will lose at Leeds on the coming weekend. Leeds are organised, work really hard, and dont really seem to carry anyone, we cannot say that about Everton at the moment.

That said, bad as we were, the 20 min spell we did actually dominate Fulham, (who we should be beating out of site) was good, the rest of the time, edge of seat stuff for all the wrong reasons.

Pickford should have been out quicker for the first for me. Can’t remember the last time he did something exceptional
He started to come out initially but then went backwards. Why do keepers do this nowadays? Too scared to give away penalties? Otherwise I see no point in it, goal is so much bigger for the striker.

weird game we should have won 5-1 for some reason we shut down completely in the second half. Was happy Iwobi had a solid game. He looked solid at WB.

Don't think back 3 will work. We have to hope gbamin hits the ground running as to accommodate Rodriguez we need a midfield 3 who do the dirty work and stop teams just cutting us open so easy.

I hope Carlo knows this and is waiting on seeing what Gbamin can do / get to January.

If James plays you need 3 workhorse midfielders like the RS do.

Based on todays, and our recent performances, we will lose at Leeds on the coming weekend. Leeds are organised, work really hard, and dont really seem to carry anyone, we cannot say that about Everton at the moment.

That said, bad as we were, the 20 min spell we did actually dominate Fulham, (who we should be beating out of site) was good, the rest of the time, edge of seat stuff for all the wrong reasons.
I thought we was at home to Leeds could be wrong like. Yeah we are at home just seen Goats thread. I agree tho if we play like we did today. I can’t see us getting anything from the game.

Most fans were on the 5th change of underwear garments by the time the full time whistle was up.

Sigs, Delp, Gomez need to be hoofed out of the club - Mina also. Otherwise Everton are gifting the opposition an extra man, or 2.

No way will Everton challenge for a top 6 unless something is done about the lack of quality in the squad, they just about squirmed over the finishing line today, against a better side they would have lost -- again

Status
Not open for further replies.