Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW
PARKER MOTD INTERVIEW

The good the bad the ugly and the sublime today. we created plenty of opportunities today which is encouraging but we have got to defend better as a team. Not just a back 4 or 5. We are a much better team attacking on the front foot than defending. I would have took 16 points from 1st 9 games after watching us last season. We’ve stopped the rot today. I think we will beat Leeds next week but I don’t think there are any gimme games in the league and all this “they are crap we should beat them“ is a bit OTT. You have to earn the right to win every game in this league.

We've survived, but for Christ's sake, it is fricking Fulham we're talking about! One of the worst teams in the League and they were more accurate in their passes than we did according to the stats.
Whatever happens from now, this second half has been beyond unacceptable.
Feels like we lost
So these gents are absolutely right. The team who want to be at least in top-4 just can't play like that, but I think most of us accept that for this season it is hardly to be a case.
We were and we are very sloppy, and I just can understand why. Most of our conceded goals with Reds, Saints, Magpies, and even in the games that we'd won were easy ones.
Talking about today, the defense was awful, but both goals, even the deflected one, could be saved by the keeper (at least it looked so from replays)
Why don’t we tackle
And this question, I keep asking myself every single game.
Thought Davies was ok actually. Sigurdsson might as well have stayed on the bench
I'm sorry reverent, but you're being too prudent here. I can't find a single reason for this son of Sigurd to ever, ever come on the pitch in an Everton shirt. I'm sick of him missing and his "concrete wall" style of handling the ball. Can't wait for winter to let this fellow go.

Oh boy we got away with it, watched the whole game on BBC1.

The first half went pretty well but for me to much back passing and heck gives me the shivers when I see Pickford trying to play football in the penalty area. For their first goal Pickford could have come out and gone for the ball in stead of stepping back and giving their forward space. On both wings we were great especially Iwobi, who was darned good.

Second half we sat back a bit and they were able to come at us. On our wings I think Richie was feeling a knock so was not as speedy and Fulham to stop Iwobi put 3 men on him when he had the ball thus blotting him out. James I think was also suffering from a knock and was to me tired. I think this was why we lost our way quite a bit in this half and their subs were pretty good. Their second goal for me was lucky with the deflection, what Mina was doing on his knees is a big ?. Our passing now in this half was not good not our tacking. Godfrey tried hard bit is not an FB. Very lucky that htey missed their penalty. But to bring on Davies and Siggy, oh i was near to having a heart attack.

For me it highlighted that we need cover at RB, also cover for losing James and Richie. To remedy part of this get Isco. any one got ideas for the other positions?

Without Mina's poor play Fulham quite possibly doesnt score, and we lead 3-0 or 4-0 at the half. The second half was definitely disappointing, but its encouraging to see the front 4 playing well, as they can cover for a lot of mistakes. That leaves getting the defence sorted, as right now we are playing with only 2 of 4 starters.

I'm just confused at how we went from a virtual training ground match where we were flicking, backheeling and bombing forward, effectively, at will, to a gang of nervous wrecks who refused to put their foot on the football and played like the rules had changed and we weren't allowed to try to score a fourth goal - all because there was a 15 minute break for half time.

That's very concerning that it can change so dramatically, so quickly.

Shows how important richy is to the side. The team defense needs alot of work
oh, yes, and I just couldn't grasp why the man who made the difference in terms of idea and sharpness in the offense was put on the bench, and a piece of miracle came in instead.

Oh boy we got away with it, watched the whole game on BBC1.

The first half went pretty well but for me to much back passing and heck gives me the shivers when I see Pickford trying to play football in the penalty area. For their first goal Pickford could have come out and gone for the ball in stead of stepping back and giving their forward space. On both wings we were great especially Iwobi, who was darned good.

Second half we sat back a bit and they were able to come at us. On our wings I think Richie was feeling a knock so was not as speedy and Fulham to stop Iwobi put 3 men on him when he had the ball thus blotting him out. James I think was also suffering from a knock and was to me tired. I think this was why we lost our way quite a bit in this half and their subs were pretty good. Their second goal for me was lucky with the deflection, what Mina was doing on his knees is a big ?. Our passing now in this half was not good not our tacking. Godfrey tried hard bit is not an FB. Very lucky that htey missed their penalty. But to bring on Davies and Siggy, oh i was near to having a heart attack.

For me it highlighted that we need cover at RB, also cover for losing James and Richie. To remedy part of this get Isco. any one got ideas for the other positions?

Davies helped stop the penetration and got the ball forward. Did what the situation called for.

Siggy is terrible. Shouldn’t make the match day squad.

Without Mina's poor play Fulham quite possibly doesnt score, and we lead 3-0 or 4-0 at the half. The second half was definitely disappointing, but its encouraging to see the front 4 playing well, as they can cover for a lot of mistakes. That leaves getting the defence sorted, as right now we are playing with only 2 of 4 starters.

Mina was our weakness in the back line and Godfery gave it all but is not an RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.