Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting where and if he plays Delph.

Him in the three behind James might give us a bit more defensive cover and perhaps allow Doucoure to play on the other side of the three and be a bit more advanced. But without Gomes we lose a ball'ish' player midfield.

From Carlo's presser though, there is a clear focus on defense, so that will be prioritised on Sunday, hence my gut saying he will play Delph over Gomes.

I also wonder whether he plays Kenny - hasn't impressed. Delph or Holgate could have a go there. Important to keep Lookman quiet as he is really their only threat and happens to play on our weaker defensive side.
I'd think it important to play someone with pace at RB as lookman has pace and skill aplenty. Also the limited cover for the RB that we have seen in recent weeks means we are looking at a defensively solid solution there. I would not be at all surprised to see Holgate at RB. he's played there for us and WBA and knows Lookman and what's in his locker from finch Farm. Different story at CB where we dont want to be bullied by Mitrovic, so perhaps Mina and Keane for this one, rather than throwing any of the youngsters in the deep end. In midfield Carlo knows we must not lose this game so I can imagine it being Allan, Doucoure and Delph/Davies. Upfront picks itself.

SOME OF THE SCOTT PARKER P/C

Scott Parker:
Everyone is back [from international duty] and accounted for. Just literally came in this morning, the later ones have just arrived. Everyone is back, everyone is healthy but we'll have a clearer insight on that tomorrow.

Parker on Mario Lemina:
He's been training for the last week or ten days, so he's a lot closer than what he was last time.
Whether this game comes a bit quick, not sure.

Parker on Lookman
Ade was disappointed like we all were. Like most things in life, you need to learn from those mistakes and move on.
Says he will be a big player for Fulham this season.

On pen takers:
We'll work out the best way to go nearer to the game

On Mitro
He's just come in today. He's disappointed. The same applies to Aleks (as Ade). He's a strong personality.
I have no doubt that Aleks will be raring to go come the weekend.

Mitro low on confidence
As always people judge him on goals, but the last two games his work ethic and what we need from him has been exceptional.
Says goals haven't quite happened, but believes it'll turn in near future.

On five subs
Says would probably not benefit Fulham as much as the top clubs.
I can only comment from my side, for sure it would be a disadvantage for someone like us.
Points to vote at start of season, but if data suggests otherwise then would be considered.

Covid tests
All Covid tests have come back clear and negative. No issues there

On Everton
surprised how they've done? "No not really. They've bought very well, they've got a really good balance.
They've got a manager there who is world class and players who are likewise
The Parker P/C

If Richarlison and James are fit and start we win. But there's a big question mark over whether that will happen, and to be honest whether they're both fully fit. James has been off the pace since he got smashed by the now-dead van Dijk in the derby.

Assuming Coleman is out, hopefully:

Pickford
Holgate - Keane - Mina - Digne
Doucs - Allan - Gomes
James - DCL - Richi​
I’d have Bernie play in place of Gomes and shift James to the 10 role. Think it’s best for everyone. Rich and Bernie can swap flanks as needed.

I know he is not popular

But we simply have to go with what was working early in the season. Get Gomes back in the line with Allan and Doucoure and James upfront with DCL and Richy.

Let's stop messing about and try to redeem what we did early on.a
The thing is if we get the good version of Gomes we are fine, if we get the crap version we struggle but given the current options it's a risk worth taking in my opinion.

I've supported Everton far too long to take this as 3 points done and dusted. A 2 nil advantage would not convince me we would win the game

That's Everton, that

My hope is we take the game to Fulham, hammer their goal mouth with crosses and through balls get a goal or 2 before HT.. continue the press after the restart - maybe nick another goal and then expect the usual onslaught by the other team and just keep it tight.

If Gordon doesn't get action I will be a bit angry as none of the wasters I have bitched about have shown no reason why they should get some game time ahead of him tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.