Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 good points away from home. Fulham had a lot of possession and pressure after their second, but we didnt really let them trouble us. DCL is the top scorer in the league. James and Richarlson still to get back to full fitness. A lot more to be positive than negative about.
And Iwobi played great too.

Calvert-Lewin was excellent, Iwobi and Digne really good in the first half especially as were Richarlison and James. Good away win - London is Blue!

It doesn't matter who you play if you switch off at halftime and try to just contain for the entire second period you are in trouble. I don't know if that was mentality or tactics for sure but I definitely lean toward mentality and that needs stamping out right now. We could have battered them 5 or 6 to 1 if we kept the intensity up and instead we clawed over the line.
We seemed to drop off in intensity and pressing and dropped right back we should have been dictating after that first half. I don't know if it was mentality, fitness or tactical but it was very Everton and I could see it being 3-3 or 4-3 luckily we dug it out. We have to be better though for 90 mins especially on the ball and defensively.

Chelsea had more international players than us and 1 day less rest and absolutely dominated Newcastle away from home and kept a clean sheet

Don’t use international break as an excuse

The second half was down to negative football
I’m pretty sure Carlo never told them to get bullied by Fulham.
we ended up camped on our 6 yard box, because every time we passed forwards, we gave it straight away.

And we aren’t Chelsea.

Dom had a good game as he explained having to mix it up in the contrasting halves, I've given him support in the past when he was getting stick so today it was Iwobi, this lad gets so much stick but I think we saw the best of him today particularly in the first half where he ran them ragged and put in some great crosses.

Some seriously wet bedsheets in here. Four points off top spot.

Leeds' energy next week is worrying me though as we seemingly have the least fit team in the league. Just have to hope with their manic style they will leave holes for Richarlison and James to exploit.

Don't like Keown but he was spot on when asked if we are a top 4 side.
'No'.
So frustrating that we have no Strikers or any pace on the bench (sorry Cenk).

Status
Not open for further replies.