From an Everton supporters point of view....

Would you celebrate Everton winning the Europa Conference League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen debate in the world football thread and on twitter about this....

Is the Europa Conference league a 'joke' and 'tin pot'? (remember, it replaced the tournament we still bang on about almost 40 years later)

Are West Ham 'small time' for celebrating their win?

Honestly, it blows my mind.
It replaces the Intertoto, not the Cup Winners cup, where you had to win a trophy to qualify.

I have seen debate in the world football thread and on twitter about this....

Is the Europa Conference league a 'joke' and 'tin pot'? (remember, it replaced the tournament we still bang on about almost 40 years later)

Are West Ham 'small time' for celebrating their win?

Honestly, it blows my mind.

I'd celebrate the trophy and gateway for the europa league.

There is a caveat though, if we finished 14th like West Ham then its a concern.

Id rather we finished 2 seasons top 6 than were in either competition. That attracts better players to take the team to the next level.

It replaces the Intertoto, not the Cup Winners cup, where you had to win a trophy to qualify.
Intertoto had 4 winners I think, was played in pre season and any top division side could 'apply' to be in it.

The conference league is a much better competition, Roma won it last year

Heres Scott Parker with a certificate

1686210153667.png

I have gone nearly 30 years without a trophy - one I can remember on my lifetime. I would be missing in Prague right now covered in cocaine and singing ZCARS so out of tune that I wouldn't know what I was singing and in someone’s ket den. So yeah I would. It’s a trophy you have to qualify for and with a respectable league position and beat a number of teams. Also let’s remember that we’ve been knocked out of competitions by the likes of Shrewsbury/Tranmere/Port Vale/ Liverpools under 2s/ reading / Millwall x 2/ Bradford/Birmingham

So yeah I would celebrate it

Status
Not open for further replies.