Friday night football

Status
Not open for further replies.
That why I normally book an early flight Sat morning and a late flight Sunday
Granted accommodation doesn’t cost me anything wether it’s at home or in London lol
Friday or Monday games are the stumbling blocks there though. I’ve lost that much money on flights over the last few years that I just wait now until TV has taken their picks.

Friday or Monday games are the stumbling blocks there though. I’ve lost that much money on flights over the last few years that I just wait now until TV has taken their picks.
Flights are cheap enough to take a gamble on though
You can nearly tell which games are going to be on a Sunday
Playing EL teams makes it easier as well
As you say I’d hate to be booking same day return flights before fixtures are re scheduled

Selfishly I like Friday night games.
Living in dubai where my weekend is friday/Saturday means I can fly into Manchester lunchtime and fly out the following day in the afternoon and be in work Sunday. No need to use a day (or two) holiday for Saturday/Sunday fixtures. I get about 8/10 games a season and it's seriously digs in to holiday time.

Plus..... Goodison, warm spring evening. Ace.

you live in Dubai and still manage to make 8/10 games a season?

fair play there

im made up personally, better than a sunday game as i wont have work the next day or an early sat so i can have a few bevvies without having to drink at 10.30

Whilst acknowledging that Friday night games are a pain in the butt for out of town fans, I am quite looking forward to this week's novelty.

I missed the Palace game a couple years ago as I was travelling.

The big drawback of course is that if we lose or draw the weekend is ruined before it even starts :(

Just be glad we are on target to miss endless Thursday and Sunday games by not getting the cursed 7th place.

so by that logic you wouldn't champions league either?

also we have only played 13 games at the normal Saturday 3pm games, rest have been moved for tele or to accommodate other teams playing in different cups

the days of playing Saturday 3pm have long gone because of TV rights not Europe

should be looking to get into Europe everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.