Friday night football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd normally be angry for the inconvenience that the move would cause for other blues but TBH I'm I'm stuck with a long held commitment that's gonna take up all of next weekend so for selfish reasons I'm made up as I wouldn't of been able to attend the match otherwise and it would of been the first home game I've missed in about fifteen years.

...I imagine it’s something to do with TV. TV money pays for the existence of Premier League clubs. Fans are secondary in the scheduling of games i’m afraid.
tv and prem league don't give a toss about the fans, my local team Norwich had blackburn Saturday night, no wonder hardly any away fans there

Well, I'm annoyed by it as there's no way I can get there in time, whereas I could have had it been played any other time that weekend. Even had a hotel booked...

Any of the "older" lot on here recall a Friday night game v Burnley tail end of the 1975 season?Think it was as the National was the next day,bloody Peter Noble grrrrrrrr,1-1(Let it go Dario lol)
Had an all-nighter in Ozzie Wades then stayed bladdered at the Nash! Had £20 on Lescargot at sixes and got dipped after i’d Picked my winnings up :(

Something different. Goodison under floodlights on a Friday. What's not to like? No lap of honour with kids though. All be in bed !!

Selfishly I like Friday night games.
Living in dubai where my weekend is friday/Saturday means I can fly into Manchester lunchtime and fly out the following day in the afternoon and be in work Sunday. No need to use a day (or two) holiday for Saturday/Sunday fixtures. I get about 8/10 games a season and it's seriously digs in to holiday time.

Plus..... Goodison, warm spring evening. Ace.

It was moved because I had gone to the trouble of planning flights and the hotel and that normally guarantees a re-fixture.
That why I normally book an early flight Sat morning and a late flight Sunday
Granted accommodation doesn’t cost me anything wether it’s at home or in London
Still the beer doesn’t come cheap and the hangovers are a killer lol

Status
Not open for further replies.