2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was fairly vocal on the 5-2-3 v 4-3-3 debate.... I was genuinely worried by the 5-2-3, we saw it wasn`t a good system last season and then again this season.

Made up we are now playing the 4-3-3 and getting the rewards with it, and it still isn`t the finished article yet, how good could this side be?

I`m not saying it is me or the fanbase that made Frank change. It may well have been personnel, I`m just thankful he did. We have our team and club back, hopefully results will come for Frank while Thelwell brings competent people at FF to fit our structure and as a Football Club we can put the last 6 years to bed and rebuild stronger.

I think Moshiri and Kenwright have learnt their lesson although I`d love to have someone like Cahill as chairman.... What I wouldn`t give to see Everton left a trophy.

NSNO

I think we will struggle for goals from central midfield until we see maybe Garner and Onana fully integrated into the side. Iwobi's through ball to Maupay was brilliant but I dont see those 3 that started yesterday providing a lot of goals themselves.

Gonna be so important Grey and Gordon chip in with close to double figures themselves.

All in all pretty happy with how we're progressing at the moment.
To be fair, Liverpool's midfield doesn't score many; they exist to just get the ball forward to their forwards.

We could do with finding our own Salah to finish though

Agree but think it always should be on the forwards to step up since that’s their entire job role. Them lot across the park did very well with a team of midfielders who don’t slot.

To be fair, Liverpool's midfield doesn't score many; they exist to just get the ball forward to their forwards.

We could do with finding our own Salah to finish though

I get that but look at how many goals City's midfield contribute.

It might do us fans some good to not compare the team against City, Liverpool et al until we are in the same mini league.

Still, it is nice is that we might actually give those sides a competitive game again.

We need to get on top of West Ham, Brentford, Newcastle and Palace again first - I wonder where we will be mid-season and will the team have come together a bit more.

I think I was fairly vocal on the 5-2-3 v 4-3-3 debate.... I was genuinely worried by the 5-2-3, we saw it wasn`t a good system last season and then again this season.

Made up we are now playing the 4-3-3 and getting the rewards with it, and it still isn`t the finished article yet, how good could this side be?

I`m not saying it is me or the fanbase that made Frank change. It may well have been personnel, I`m just thankful he did. We have our team and club back, hopefully results will come for Frank while Thelwell brings competent people at FF to fit our structure and as a Football Club we can put the last 6 years to bed and rebuild stronger.

I think Moshiri and Kenwright have learnt their lesson although I`d love to have someone like Cahill as chairman.... What I wouldn`t give to see Everton left a trophy.

NSNO

So would I.

Status
Not open for further replies.