2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd consider giving Coleman a run on the right of a back 3.

…it’s a good point because that would also mean Patterson keeping his place.

Yep, I’d definitely prefer Coleman to Keane. I have in my mind a game at Stoke (I think) when we went with Keane in a back 3 and he was like a nervous chicken every time the ball went down his channel. The same again in the next game at home.

One thing we certainly know about Keane is he’s at his best when protected.

We just played a team that started Koulibaly and Sterling (£80m) and threw on a £50m full back.
Most solid player on the pitch was a free from Burnley.
Losing to Chelsea (via a pen) is not throwing points down the drain.
We've been badly managed but need to give somebody time.
Positives are Mykolenko and Patterson as young full backs. McNeil is 22 and Iwobi looks like a one of the midfielders we've been crying out for.
We need quality up front but need I'm pretty sure they are trying to address it. We've been so badly run in the past that it's making things more difficult.
Good post, sums up the context of yesterday's result. Those who say we should have replaced Richarlison before the start of the season, do so without knowing fully who we have approached.
There is also an apparent lack of recognition of our oft spelled out financial situation which means we need to make payments for incomings over the length of a contract. To achieve this we need the selling clubs agreement.
All in all, yesterday's performance, showed a team that was prepared to work for each other and in a manner which suggested they actually wanted to play for us despite 1 or 2 who underperformed which was not deliberate.

Yeah, 5 subs but you can only bring them on at 3 points in the match. It's crazy that no provision seems to be there for forced injury substitutions as you are effectively double penalised for an injury as you lose the player AND one of your substitution windows. It would be fairer if injury substitutions either didn't count as a "window" or if that is open to abuse you could say that first half subs don't count as a window, since the majority of first half subs will be forced.

That said I guess Lampard could've been cleverer and got someone else on during Yerry's substitution as that was the last chance, but that requires a snap decision and maybe bringing on a player who isn't quite ready.
It's such a stupid rule.

If we'd made 3 tactical subs and then Godfrey got injured (needing a stretcher) and Mina being Mina, replacements would have been allowed.

To have no provision for discounting injuries is ridiculous.

There’s something fundamentally wrong with our players’ conditioning, I don’t think it’s down to luck.
I see a lot of stuff on Twitter about certain players looking lacklustre in pre match warmups and the fact a lot of our injuries seem to come in training, well that down to players being under prepared and not stretched enough/warmed up properly. Look at the DCL thing the other day, a ligament injury, they usually (not always) come from over stretching or a really sharp twisting/turning motion, that's a sign of not being warmed up properly in the right areas.

I see a lot of stuff on Twitter about certain players looking lacklustre in pre match warmups and the fact a lot of our injuries seem to come in training, well that down to players being under prepared and not stretched enough/warmed up properly. Look at the DCL thing the other day, a ligament injury, they usually (not always) come from over stretching or a really sharp twisting/turning motion, that's a sign of not being warmed up properly in the right areas.

Its an absolute disgrace.

We need the fella back who we had under Moist - wasn't he a Yank ?

Definitely something wrong with Mina’s, I’m still baffled how he managed to turn his ankle shielding the ball
I might be able to shed some light on this, a colleague of mine is doing some research and there does seem to be a bit of an injury proneness with sports people from Colombia, i'm not sure whether its a DNA thing or a diet thing or something else as she is still working on it. Alarming number of their footballers are quite injury prone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.