2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
….from an owner perspective, it’s probably an ideal time to sack a manager;

- ahead of a months break
- has most of the squad to work with during that time
- can plan for an upcoming transfer window

i’m not suggesting Lampard goes, but if the firm continues in January it will be too late.

We are a team who play with no tempo and we possess ZERO threat.

Mosh planning something? Behave.

He'll be on his boat sunning it up

Carlo had us punching at least 5 places above where we shouldve been.
Played to our strengths.
Frank has no experience of top level game management aside from playing under Mourinho et al at Chelsea, surrounded by world class in every position.
A problem with ex players going into management, especially the top top players, is they have no idea how systems/shapes work with bog standard players.
World class players new into management can maybe manage world class players, they cant manage dross.
No person goes in to Amy job and knows it all day 1, they learn and develop and get stronger he is on that journey. Let's not make out Carlo did much for us, we played dire football and that was with decades of experience in the game.

Like the fella but he simply has to go now and take advantage of this 6 week break. Not worth the gamble of waiting after what happened to us last season and there is no guarantee that the January window will change anything for us anyway. It very rarely does. Thanks Frank and good luck for the future i would say.

The one thing I crave above all for this club is stability. I’m sick to death of the club being ran like a circus for years sending us on a downward spiral.

If he goes, and it’s starting to look like something that’s coming in the pretty immediate future, I hope the club does so with due diligence and they already know which direction they want to go in with the next manager, but as ever, I don’t trust them to do things the way we should be doing by now.
Oh they absolutely have no plan. There probably wasn't anyone at the club who considered they'd maybe have to sack him before last weekend when it should have been an obvious possibility at the end of last season.

Six weeks of staring at that table. Will concentrate the minds of quite a few people as they reflect on the true state of the team and manager. Nobody should be surprised if he will be out on his arse before Christmas.

It's really hard to back him here.

He put in positive foundations at the start of the season to at least build on, which was fine, but we've gone backwards. We're less threatful, we cant pass a ball. Brentford Leeds and Liverpool all ones that should have been wins for different reasons, but at least the bones were there.

Now, it's back to the usual. No fight, no attacking quality, no intent, nothing at the moment suggests the players are buying in it, suggests that Lampard has been doing any positive coaching throughout each week.

It's a shame, as he had re-built the connection between the club and the supporters, but that only takes you so far. You HAVE to build on the pitch and show signs of progress, any progress the first 7/8 games showed, has completely vanished.

If he isn't sacked imminently, then I cant see him lasting longer than mid-january unless he has a severe change of performances on the pitch.

Also i thought it was laughable Gray, yet again stayed on the pitch for so long. Why wait until its too late, again, to make subs?

Some managers who did well over long periods - like SAF and Moyes at Everton had time to bed in early on. Rather than continue the constant sackings, I'd stick with Frank - but only on the basis that decent forwards are signed in Jan. But to be honest, we'll need those whoever the manager is

Can't rely on the idea that DC-L will be back fit

Belter at talking, just not very good at coaching, why is it teams with lesser players can play football between them but we can't? it's the coaching. Get this fraud out.

Status
Not open for further replies.