2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

….from an owner perspective, it’s probably an ideal time to sack a manager;

- ahead of a months break
- has most of the squad to work with during that time
- can plan for an upcoming transfer window

i’m not suggesting Lampard goes, but if the form continues in January it will be too late.

We are a team who play with no tempo and we possess ZERO threat.

I think we can say with a fair bit of certainty now that he’s not a good manager and he’s not doing a good job. The question now is simply whether the board can be trusted to get somebody who can come in and do better. I’m not sure on the answer to that.

He did what he needed to do end of last season.

Sadly as every game goes on it's obvious he can get the team to outperform their general level and now things are really slipping defensively.

He also gambled on Calvert Lewin staying fit and that was very naive.

The one thing I crave above all for this club is stability. I’m sick to death of the club being ran like a circus for years sending us on a downward spiral.

If he goes, and it’s starting to look like something that’s coming in the pretty immediate future, I hope the club does so with due diligence and they already know which direction they want to go in with the next manager, but as ever, I don’t trust them to do things the way we should be doing by now.

You do realise, it's the constant sackings, combined with piss poor recruitment and a tosser of an owner, that has us where we are, so yeah let's sack another one, after 1 real transfer window.

Unfortunately patience is so short in supply these days, in every part of life, instant gratification is a must for some, what a sorry state of affairs it really is.

I disagree

Not that I want Lampard out I completely agree with the point you're making but in the end the results speak for themselves and this is effin tripe.
I don't think we can accept that. Not at all.

I think we can say with a fair bit of certainty now that he’s not a good manager and he’s not doing a good job. The question now is simply whether the board can be trusted to get somebody who can come in and do better. I’m not sure on the answer to that.
The answer is probably no but they have to try

If we were playing decent football, creating and missing loads of chances you could maybe wait until January and get a striker in but the football served up under Lampard is dreadful. You can only get away with the opposition having loads of attempts on your goal every week for so long.

I’ve just had a look at his record at Derby and they got more points in the previous season when he was there. 17 defeats out of 33 league games with us. He’s just not a good manager and this simply can’t carry on any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.