2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result that although Viera handed us the 3 points on a plate by playing a suicidal 5 up top formation leaving that big galoot with no legs as the only holding/defensive midfielder which we exploited all afternoon.

But got to give credit to Lampard and the players for not letting their heeds drop after the last 3 defeats a fantastic performance from start to finish.

I said yesterday he needed 4 points from Palace + Fulham for me to keep faith in him and we're over half way there. Nows the time to use yesterday to push forward with confidence - no point putting in a performance like that to then go get whacked by Mr Silva one week later which has been the story of Everton for the past few years.

Time for everyone at the club from the board down to the fanbase drop the plucky knife to a gun fight mentality and start having a collective ambishun to be a top club again.
We can all see your game.

If you can’t see that we are building something solid then you don’t really understand footy. He’s overhauled defence and midfield. They’ll get to the forward line. A couple of decent forwards from here would transform us.

We’ll be a solid mid table side til then with good days and bad days.
It may not even be that: some people are simply pessimists and never happy. When you combine that with wanting instant perfection, it's a toxic mix.

Lampard isn't perfect, and some people can't get beyond that. When you combine everything, he's developing us and for that I am currently more than content.

We can all see your game.

Thats factual - everyone knows our weakness which is sit back and try make us play through them as we can very rarely pass a ball / break a team down and haven't been able to for years.

Letting Gordon, Iwobi and Gray have acres of space to exploit with pace gave us a massive opportunity which we exploited and that deserves credit but for me it wasn't a tough game even though Palace have some good attacking players.

He was taking an expensive squad and getting overturned by tactically better teams like... Everton under Ancelotti.

The stats don't like - his win rate at Everton and ability to compete with traditional top 6 teams has been poor.

What level is Frank at? Nobody really knows. It would be hard to fail at Chelsea despite any transfer ban Simply due to the players they have.

It's not a question of if we are good enough - it's a question of being ambitious enough. We were able to attract Ancelotti, there is no reason why we shouldn't be aiming to attract someone of that calibre again.
I get all that mate and I think most of us would agree all Barr the ancelotti statement. We got lucky with that one and I mean real lucky. But also look at the clauses we had to put in. If Madrid come calling I'll be gone. So if that was city/utd/[Poor language removed]/arsenal/spurs/Chelsea that clause wouldnt be there. Which indicates to me we've no hope in hell.

Thats factual - everyone knows our weakness which is sit back and try make us play through them as we can very rarely pass a ball / break a team down and haven't been able to for years.

Letting Gordon, Iwobi and Gray have acres of space to exploit with pace gave us a massive opportunity which we exploited and that deserves credit but for me it wasn't a tough game even though Palace have some good attacking players.
It’s a game that the FSW wouldn’t have won. His team simply wouldn’t have been capable of those goals.

And I think you’ll find that it was Frank Lampard who won the game with his tactics and coaching, nothing is gifted to you in this league.

It’s a game that the FSW wouldn’t have won. His team simply wouldn’t have been capable of those goals.

And I think you’ll find that it was Frank Lampard who won the game with his tactics and coaching, nothing is gifted to you in this league.
No mate.

Frank = bad; FSW = good.

Nothing Frank ever does is good or decent, it's all mistakes that the opposition makes. We defo didn't prepare for this game, Frank had no plan - all FSW's plans, he found his notes on Vieira as a manager obviously.

Im not arsed about the "FSW" mate - you and your jabroni's are the ones constantly bringing him up every other post lol

I've credited Lampard AND the players with the win yesterday, but if you dont believe Viera got his tactics massively wrong (like we did against Spurs) then you clearly dont watch much of Everton and what our strengths and weaknesses are.

Status
Not open for further replies.