2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't come off. It's bad strategy.
Looking at these 2 sets of stats. One of which we look to be a little bit more competitive (even though neither are great) with more possession, more passes, more touches and more shots and more tackles. Which do you think has the better outcome?

Screenshot_20221015-223954.jpg

Screenshot_20221015-224018.jpg

Bear in mind we were worrying about being relegated with 2 games left and it potentially being on goal difference which was 4 goals worse than the team that did get relegated. In that instance, would a 5 nil loss trying to be more attacking or a 2 nil loss have been better?

Last edited:
Arteta has had enormous money spent on his squad. And he had some shocking results in his first couple of years. But he's a good manager and it was smart to continue to back him. I feel exactly the same about Lampard, only our progression will be slower and our ceiling will be lower, because we are crap.

I wanted Arteta when we sacked Silva. I'm a big fan. I see Lampard as the nearest fit. That's why I wanted him.
Switching to a super defensive 5-3-2 after one poor game in midfield is just really really not how Arteta made his way. It isn't isolated either so I just can't get there.

Switching to a super defensive 5-3-2 after one poor game in midfield is just really really not how Arteta made his way. It isn't isolated either so I just can't get there.
We got beat by a better team. We had chances to take the lead but weren't good enough.

Saying we lost because of tactics is just wrong in my view and we arent going to agree. I'm much more annoyed by the United loss than this one because we need to be able to rely on our home form.

I dont like the way we play but I dont think we can play any other way. I want to enjoy watching us play but we don't have the players. This is all the result of the Moshiri mistakes and it will take years to try and fix it.

We got beat by a better team. We had chances to take the lead but weren't good enough.

Saying we lost because of tactics is just wrong in my view and we arent going to agree. I'm much more annoyed by the United loss than this one because we need to be able to rely on our home form.
Eh ok, I guess if you see that game as not really winnable then it is whatever. I'm not even saying I expected to win but that was just pathetic and it started with the set up.

Eh ok, I guess if you see that game as not really winnable then it is whatever. I'm not even saying I expected to win but that was just pathetic and it started with the set up.
I'm naturally a pessimist. I expected us to lose but I still don't like losing, in fact I hate it.

Losing is never ok but it will happen a lot when you have a front line who aren't good enough to play for a club of our stature.

I'm naturally a pessimist. I expected us to lose but I still don't like losing, in fact I hate it.

Losing is never ok but it will happen a lot when you have a front line who aren't good enough to play for a club of our stature.
I really believe the front line is made to look a lot worse by the management

The set up was fine, it did it’s job of negating Spurs and we could have had a couple on the counter, the penalty decision changed the game
We got battered, it was never close and expecting us to win because we had two reasonable shots and "should have" scored both is something a manager should be smarter than in 2022.

I really believe the front line is made to look a lot worse by the management
Maupay is a 10 goal a season at best striker, but not suited to playing the lone role. He also lacks quality on the ball and struggles to hold it up away from home.

Mcneil just went over 50 games without scoring. He looks like he is struggling badly at this level.

Gray is only consistent in that he is extremely inconsistent. Enormous amounts of ability but has never scored regularly and has far more poor games than good games.

Our only difference maker is Calvert-Lewin but he is still a long way off getting back to his best, and there is no certainty he ever will.

Gordon obviously was suspended, but hes also not yet ready to carry the burden of leading a top flight front line. And again, we dont really know yet if he will ever make that step up from being just a good player to a really great player.

Add up all those ingredients, and we have nowhere near enough firepower. The options are just not good enough for a club our size.

Status
Not open for further replies.