2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why shouldn't I reply to a post aimed at me? I just take little insight out of it as it often reads like a tantrum.

As usual you've "pulled a windy" there - responding to a post with nothing constructive written or any points answered.

You sure do post a lot of sentences without actually saying anything. All I can deduce from the ^^^ is you've given me a nickname that just hasn't catched on other than you using it which is a bit of a damp squib.
It's "caught on", Jim, or maybe they structure sentences differently in Newcastle?

The reality we have to face is that the Premiership is the most challenging league in the world with no easy games anymore with the stakes rising every year. Frank clearly has a plan, that's plain to see when you listen to the players we have signed. Also the players we have previously signed are really starting to make an impact, particularly Paterson and Mykolenko, yes we have a huge issue in the final 3rd but effectively in two transfer windows, we have stored up a leaking defence. Frank was a key reason why Cody and Tarkowski joined, I mean to get one of them was a result but to get both....

I keep coming back to the fact that Lampard's team is very very inexperienced and sometimes that's a good thing but I think when you scratch your head questioning why it's not working he needs some experience to advise him...

But overall I think Franks personality is his biggest strength and his biggest weakness, I think he needs to be more ruthless, I think he wants to be liked and sometimes leaders can't be liked....I just get the vibe that none of that team is going to read the riot act if it's not working, to say the stuff the manager wants to say but can't say...Lampard has all the ingredients to be a great manager, I think he needs help coaching and I not convinced that team is strong enough...

The reality we have to face is that the Premiership is the most challenging league in the world with no easy games anymore with the stakes rising every year. Frank clearly has a plan, that's plain to see when you listen to the players we have signed. Also the players we have previously signed are really starting to make an impact, particularly Paterson and Mykolenko, yes we have a huge issue in the final 3rd but effectively in two transfer windows, we have stored up a leaking defence. Frank was a key reason why Cody and Tarkowski joined, I mean to get one of them was a result but to get both....

I keep coming back to the fact that Lampard's team is very very inexperienced and sometimes that's a good thing but I think when you scratch your head questioning why it's not working he needs some experience to advise him...

But overall I think Franks personality is his biggest strength and his biggest weakness, I think he needs to be more ruthless, I think he wants to be liked and sometimes leaders can't be liked....I just get the vibe that none of that team is going to read the riot act if it's not working, to say the stuff the manager wants to say but can't say...Lampard has all the ingredients to be a great manager, I think he needs help coaching and I not convinced that team is strong enough...

I thought he was pretty ruthless with Dele & Gomes to be honest mate, I think he’s made a call on Keane too. I think he’s a lot harder than people probably assume.

Called them out last year for not having the cojones to play for Everton. Is right, Frank lad

I think he has a good team around him. They all come across very professional, and well respected in the game. Lampard has publically called out the team in the past, so I've no doubt he would read them the riot act. He is also willing to drop players and has been pretty ruthless in his selections. Just look at Dele, gomes, Keane, and rondon. (I fully expect him to have read them the riot act at half time in that Palace game)

No striker but wouldn't play rondon. Wanted to play 5 at the back but Keane was the only available cb, so he changed to 2. Down to bare bones of midfielders due to injury, gomes doesn't even get a look in. The players know where they stand.

He also changes his system when its not working. As proven last year. So clearly he does listen to thosr around him and adapt to whats happening.

Him and Cole have won nearly everything as players. With Lampard as the leader in that chelsea team behind terry. You think he let players get away with things then? They wouldn't have won so much if he did.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.