2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Frank has almost buried the hell that last year was. We’re a unit, a cohesive unit. All the issues that fat kopite pig caused have almost been wiped from the club.

Fans love him, players love him and we are again…one.

So those who wanted him canned last year, when their arses went, and those that stuff defend the fat kopite pig and question Super Frank can get a fat tub of lube and swivel raaaar on it

need to go for either toney or watkins either in january or next summer

Wouldn’t want either. Decent players but would be massively overpriced and what’s to say Toney doesn’t lose form just like Watkins has.

Need to keep DCL fit, supported by Maupay, then if we have to sell DCL for big money in the summer we can buy a top replacement then rather than panicking and overpaying for a prem striker.

Toney feels like Callum Wilson for 60 mill all over again.

Wouldn’t want either. Decent players but would be massively overpriced and what’s to say Toney doesn’t lose form just like Watkins has.

Need to keep Dominic Calvert-Lewin fit, supported by Maupay, then if we have to sell Dominic Calvert-Lewin for big money in the summer we can buy a top replacement then rather than panicking and overpaying for a prem striker.

Toney feels like Callum Wilson for 60 mill all over again.
think its a bit harsh on watkins because even when he doesnt score he contributes and gets assists like the 2 assists he got against us earlier this season

he's very good as a focal player up front

Fair question, we haven't been rewarded with the points yet. But we are much better than last year. That's almost a new back 4 and is a totally different midfield. Everything about it looks better.

Keep the faith

I agree however thats to be expected with 8 new signings - if we weren't I would be extremely worried !

That still doesn't make my point invalid that some fans are blowing their load over the manager way too soon.

Its Kendall esque fanfare over a fella who finished last season with us 16th and currently has us 16th with no win so far this season.

Its something I would buzz and laugh at the Geordies over never thought Evertonians would end up so small time.

Gotta give Frank credit where it's due - he focused on making us stronger in midfield as that is what we've lacked for as long as I can remember. He's doing what is asked of him. Can we better? Yes. Will we be better? I hope so but the jury is definitely still out. Media darling Gerrard won a point against Man City yesterday as well - does that mean he's the best manager for Villa? I still don't think so.

I can be critical of Lampard but I must stress; I want BK gone before our manager. I know he's a lifelong blue but enough is enough. I want to be proved wrong on Frank because that will mean we are winning games of football. But I'm still unsure.

I agree however thats to be expected with 8 new signings - if we weren't I would be extremely worried !

That still doesn't make my point invalid that some fans are blowing their load over the manager way too soon.

Its Kendall esque fanfare over a fella who finished last season with us 16th and currently has us 16th with no win so far this season.

Its something I would buzz and laugh at the Geordies over never thought Evertonians would end up so small time.

How would you know what that was like? You were around 5 at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.