2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t just keep blaming the manager in the first instance all the time. We need to solve the problems with the playing squad, then we can look at how the manager performs.
You're doing that thing you did re. Benitez, mate.

I ain't blaming Lampard. I'm saying he's made mistakes. Like the players make mistakes and are crap. Well today, he was crap too. We've lost all of our away games under Lampard by an aggregate score of 16-2. He takes his share of the blame.

"It wasn't tactics. Tactics showed in the first 20 minutes Palace couldn't get out of their half."

/Sigh
I dont think hes wrong. There has been a constant with these players of wilting when the first bit of adversity comes their way. Townsend goes down with a bad injury, the system has to be altered, and players dropped their standards.

This seems to be very common with this group. They can only play when everything is rosy. When difficulties hit, they don't want to know. What can a manager do about such a weak mentality?

That's not giving them a free pass, that's just the idiots at the top of the club being idiots.

I am fully behind Lampard, but he's making mistakes that aren't helping and I'll call a spade a spade.
They got a free pass for years. 5 managers have been sacked while new contracts and pay rises were dished out.

Until the squad is overhauled and people are replaced, then I dont think they are serious about improving the club. Their talk is meaningless

They got a free pass for years. 5 managers have been sacked while new contracts and pay rises were dished out.
Those managers deserved to be sacked too

It's black and white for me with Lampard. If he keeps us up he stays, but if we go down then I'm not sure we can keep the manager as it'll have meant he failed from 18 league games, even if it's not all his fault.

It's very frustrating as we could be set for the next few years but first things first him and his team have to keep us up.

The nucleus of this squad have seen a lot of managers off, they've destroyed them.

I can't see this happening with Lampard, he set them up well today and the first 20 minutes proved it.

He's right in all he says about them lacking a pair, sadly he's the first manager to have a big enough pair to say it.
He'll be here long after a lot of this rabble are gone.
My worry is how we do this mass rebuild in the summer with circumstances as they are and DCL's and Richies book value dropping further with every game. A nightmare for him but at least he's put his cards on the table with our wasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.