2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see The Guardian have posted their season previews from fans of each of the 20 PL clubs. The Esk, as usual, does ours. Of the 19 other clubs' pundits, 14 predict that the first manager to be sacked will be Frank Lampard.
Gerrard's record at Villa is worse than Lampard's since he took over at them yet no one is tipping him for the chop... Make no mistake while he's at Villa they are not a better team than us.

I see The Guardian have posted their season previews from fans of each of the 20 PL clubs. The Esk, as usual, does ours. Of the 19 other clubs' pundits, 14 predict that the first manager to be sacked will be Frank Lampard.

I quite like how clueless other fans are about us. I like this kind of underdog tag we have again. Lampard's job should be completely safe right now. He was brought in to do a specific job with a woeful squad and he achieved it.

I quite like how clueless other fans are about us. I like this kind of underdog tag we have again. Lampard's job should be completely safe right now. He was brought in to do a specific job with a woeful squad and he achieved it.
Unfortunately, with our owner, no manager is safe. The club is a basket case of incompetence. Frank earned a lot of credit in keeping us up in the manner he did (he seemed to learn quickly enough from some rookie mistakes at the start - and kept us up by buying into the role and tapping into fan passion to produce a symbiotic relationship with Evertonians). I like Frank. I have no appetite for changing manager yet again. At this point, it's utterly clear that the issue is in the boardroom. Lampard may, in some way, be overpromoted, but the real problem is upstairs. I expect a pretty desperate season. I don't think the squad is anything other than a bottom six collective, and I don't think Frank's skill-set goes much further than being a charismatic cheerleader, but these are all functions of Moshiri's incompetent stewardship. I expect a grim season. If we can get to the World Cup feeling comfortable, Frank might have a chance.

Unfortunately, with our owner, no manager is safe. The club is a basket case of incompetence. Frank earned a lot of credit in keeping us up in the manner he did (he seemed to learn quickly enough from some rookie mistakes at the start - and kept us up by buying into the role and tapping into fan passion to produce a symbiotic relationship with Evertonians). I like Frank. I have no appetite for changing manager yet again. At this point, it's utterly clear that the issue is in the boardroom. Lampard may, in some way, be overpromoted, but the real problem is upstairs. I expect a pretty desperate season. I don't think the squad is anything other than a bottom six collective, and I don't think Frank's skill-set goes much further than being a charismatic cheerleader, but these are all functions of Moshiri's incompetent stewardship. I expect a grim season. If we can get to the World Cup feeling comfortable, Frank might have a chance.

Not sure I agree this is something moshiri struggles with tbh. He has only got rid of managers when it becomes truly toxic.

He often doesn't pull the trigger fast enough.

Not sure I agree this is something moshiri struggles with tbh. He has only got rid of managers when it becomes truly toxic.

I'd agree on that, he generally only gets rid of them when the writing is on the wall. I can't see how Martinez/Koeman/Silva and Benitez could have stayed any longer.

The simple task is don't have us down near the relegation zone and as long as the fans aren't vocally trying to get rid you'll be safe, at least for a couple of seasons.

To be fair we've had 6 managers and 3 DoFs in 6 years. It seems like a fair perception to me.

I can see Hunters but not Esks...

Well, let me rephrase then. Moshiri is terrible at appointing managers - which is probably a more accurate statement. I'll be, er, frank: I don't think his latest appointment is certain to be a great success either.

Moshiri will pull the trigger when the fans turn on him. Lampard has the majority on side right now and things in a way feel positive with him in charge. But it’s a results game as they say.

I’m hoping 2-3 more signings in the right areas and we could be top 12 this season. Which would be a great jump from last season. Improvements in our play, solid at home and a few good wins away and I’d be happy.

Well, let me rephrase then. Moshiri is terrible at appointing managers - which is probably a more accurate statement. I'll be, er, frank: I don't think his latest appointment is certain to be a great success either.
The risk is he's not a finished article, he's only 1yr older than me for god sake.

Throughout my business/management career I've made mistakes. It's my own money not anyone elses so there is equal amount of pressure to succeed, granted I'm not on the media and don't have to face us lot every week. The core principles remain the same.

I think if he gets long enough we are all in for a treat.

The risk is he's not a finished article, he's only 1yr older than me for god sake.

Throughout my business/management career I've made mistakes. It's my own money not anyone elses so there is equal amount of pressure to succeed, granted I'm not on the media and don't have to face us lot every week. The core principles remain the same.

I think if he gets long enough we are all in for a treat.

It's why it was important he added the likes of Edwards and especially Clement to his backroom staff - shows he understands the importance of hdving that more experienced voice present.

I might have a bit of a flutter on it being Slippy Mc Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.