2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell if he’s a good manager or not but got to love the man.

Thing about him is as a player he was west ham through and through growing up, became an icon at Chelsea and embraced that, now he's here he's embracing it in a similar way, we've often gone in about the managers who truly got us where former players like Howard & Royle - I genuinely feel like he does 'get us' and that's a powerful tool when a manager can connect with the club - especially so when he has a driven personality to succeed

It might be overstating it, but feel like this season will define Frank's future as a manager.

There's an opportunity for him to give this team an identity and build a squad to take us into BM.

Expectations are low and with a couple more astute signings and keeping our key players fit, this team could surprise us.

Solid mid-table finish and a young, emerging team is exactly what we need to stabilise the club.

The thing I like most is that Lampard is driven but humble. There's a genuine determination to succeed here. You can just tell by his expression.

A young hungry coach who unlike Moyes isn't going to get himself off if we finish 7th.

From fellow blues I know who have met him they all said he was thoroughly decent and sincere with his time.

I see The Guardian have posted their season previews from fans of each of the 20 PL clubs. The Esk, as usual, does ours. Of the 19 other clubs' pundits, 14 predict that the first manager to be sacked will be Frank Lampard.

I see The Guardian have posted their season previews from fans of each of the 20 PL clubs. The Esk, as usual, does ours. Of the 19 other clubs' pundits, 14 predict that the first manager to be sacked will be Frank Lampard.

I wouldn't trust the esk to preview anything accurately.

Wasn't it only sbout 5days ago he confidently stated we wouldn't be able to buy without making another big sale - and about 24 hours later news broke about us signing McNeil ????

In general a lot of other clubs fans absolutely hate Lampard (RS,UTD, ball London clubs besides Chelsea and West Ham) fair few just because he constantly slotted v them too.

Tbf, it's not a wild prediction to make. We've been awful with managers over the last few years and Lampard isn't being given much to work with. I really like Lampard, but he's up against it

In general a lot of other clubs fans absolutely hate Lampard (RS,UTD, ball London clubs besides Chelsea and West Ham) fair few just because he constantly slotted v them too.
Agree on this, I've noticed it myself.

Logically you can see why a lot think he will get sacked first, the team without Richarlison could struggle and naturally he will be the fall guy

Tbf, it's not a wild prediction to make. We've been awful with managers over the last few years and Lampard isn't being given much to work with. I really like Lampard, but he's up against it
Yup. I think other fans think this because of two reasons: 1. Moshiri is trigger happy and our board love a scapegoat for their own incompetence, and 2. Frank has a lot to prove.

I've been saying for a while that Lampard will do very well to survive the mid-season break for the World Cup. The transfer window, so far, has reinforced this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.