Francis Jeffers back in the fold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just doing his badges, we get alot of ex players and coaches going throgh finch farm to do there badges

UZZA 12 hours ago
One interesting omission , is the agent he shared with Rooney at the time, and the influence that he had over the time of his relationship. Paul Stretford

Liked this post in the comment section below the article.

UZZA 12 hours ago
One interesting omission , is the agent he shared with Rooney at the time, and the influence that he had over the time of his relationship. Paul Stretford

Liked this post in the comment section below the article.
Didn't know that. Guess it was him behind Jeffers' transfer request after he'd played about 10 games for us.

Fair play to the club for its Former Players Foundation, and this seems an extension of that. Keeping those with experience of the game in the game can only be a good thing, especially in light of the perils and pitfalls associated with Sky branded soccer. Jeffers could finish, scored a lot of goals for the under 21's (even when he was 23) and I strongly suspect he looks back now with significant regret about 'too much too soon' and the burden of expectation. It must be said that it was also a surprise that after his PL career he could only manage more than 50 appearances for one side (Wednesday 2007-10 54 apps & his highest goals total after for us with 5 goals).

.....looked fit and well when I saw him in the pub earlier this year. Personally wonder if he has the attitude for a job on the coaching side but I suppose it takes all kinds.

In hindsight we probably did well out of his transfer, we'll never truly know if we dodged a bullet or if he would've been a star had he stayed.

image_t6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.