For the old boys!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we took their end there.
I was at the game in Plymouth,we were on one of 20 trains left Lime st between 03-00 and 08-00,great days,bit unsure about actual times, maybe someone else can correct me, Oh yes nearly forgot, on the same day our dear red neighbours also left on trains to Ipswich on half the amount of trains

The old, push Mick Lyons upfront tactic, happy days. He was decent though.

...have to be honest that I wasn't a big fan of Mick as a player. Couldn't fault his effort but the fact that we threw him up top was a real sign of our lack of forward power. Hope we never have to return to that strategy.

...and me, that's a distinct memory for me after going to that game.

I recall Fulham running out in that AC Milan kit and thinking "what the heck".

There was no colour clash and it was way before the era of live TV games and teams trying to push replica away strips on viewers.

...have to be honest that I wasn't a big fan of Mick as a player. Couldn't fault his effort but the fact that we threw him up top was a real sign of our lack of forward power. Hope we never have to return to that strategy.

I loved Mick.

He would have ran through a brick wall for us.

Remember the goal he scored against Leeds.....when he dived headlong into a forest of Leeds legs to head a goal down the Park End?

I loved Mick.

He would have ran through a brick wall for us.

Remember the goal he scored against Leeds.....when he dived headlong into a forest of Leeds legs to head a goal down the Park End?

....I can understand the affection, Khalekan, but he wouldn't have got anywhere near the good teams that we had. I disliked the 'throw Mick up front days'.

Status
Not open for further replies.