For The Boys in the Royal Blue Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
There are Evertonians and there are amazingly dedicated Evertonians like Steve Zocek. For those that are not familiar with the name, he’s very well known on this site as @alan ball.

Steve has spent years capturing, cataloguing and publishing accounts of Everton players. His works are a must read for any Evertonian and a brilliant reference library for the records of Everton Football Club. It’s incredible to find the story of little known Harry Bennett as fascinating as that of Paul Bracewell in the next chapter.

In recent weeks I’ve had pleasure of meeting Steve to pass on some detail of an old teammate of mine who went on to sign for the Toffees. His mobile contact list is a who’s who of Everton history. For his latest endeavour he told me that in the last week he visited now 90 year old ex-ITV commentator Gerald Sinstad to ask for his memories of Goodison Park.

Anyway, Steve’s work is chronicled in two editions of ‘For the Boys in the Royal Blue Jersey’. I know he normally sells copies from St Luke’s Church on match days, but Lockdown has had an impact. Monies go to the Former Players Association and I’m sure @alan ball can advise on how to obtain these fantastic books.

There are Evertonians and there are amazingly dedicated Evertonians like Steve Zocek. For those that are not familiar with the name, he’s very well known on this site as @alan ball.

Steve has spent years capturing, cataloguing and publishing accounts of Everton players. His works are a must read for any Evertonian and a brilliant reference library for the records of Everton Football Club. It’s incredible to find the story of little known Harry Bennett as fascinating as that of Paul Bracewell in the next chapter.

In recent weeks I’ve had pleasure of meeting Steve to pass on some detail of an old teammate of mine who went on to sign for the Toffees. His mobile contact list is a who’s who of Everton history. For his latest endeavour he told me that in the last week he visited now 90 year old ex-ITV commentator Gerald Sinstad to ask for his memories of Goodison Park.

Anyway, Steve’s work is chronicled in two editions of ‘For the Boys in the Royal Blue Jersey’. I know he normally sells copies from St Luke’s Church on match days, but Lockdown has had an impact. Monies go to the Former Players Association and I’m sure @alan ball can advise on how to obtain these fantastic books.
Get in touch with me on this forum for anybody interested. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. We all sing about our idols from the terraces, but what do you know about them ? Only one way to find out.

Great to see lads like this digging out the history of Everton. Takes a lot of time and dedication. I have bought one at st lukes and it was a great read. Like the stuff him.and Joey66 put up.on the old Everton pictures thread on the forum. Hope they keep.it up for all us blues

I have asked amazon if they can do a kindle edition

Just lately I have been catching up on EFC reading. Just finished Money Can't Buy Us Love (EFC in the 60s) by Gavin Buckland (fascinating) and have just started Faith of Our Families, an oral history of EFC

Sorry Eggs can't resist. Is he little, curly and the greatest of them all

Sorry Eggs can't resist. Is he little, curly and the greatest of them all

....ha, ha, the similarity stops with the height.

Because of lockdown, I met @alan ball in a pub car park off the M62 in Rainhill. Knew it was him right away, Everton shirt and ‘nil satis...‘ tattooed down each forearm. Within 20mins he took his shirt off to reveal the gallery of Goodison greats tattooed on his back. Alan Ball, Alex Young, Andy King, Tim Cahill and loads more.

Crazy Evertonian.

....ha, ha, the similarity stops with the height.

Because of lockdown, I met @alan ball in a pub car park off the M62 in Rainhill. Knew it was him right away, Everton shirt and ‘nil satis...‘ tattooed down each forearm. Within 20mins he took his shirt off to reveal the gallery of Goodison greats tattooed on his back. Alan Ball, Alex Young, Andy King, Tim Cahill and loads more.

Crazy Evertonian.
Certainly sounds like a character and a top blue. Just pmd him.about the books

....you’ll love them.
Think I'll save them for the next time I go.on holiday sitting on the sunbed. Like reading autobiographies and of course stuff about Everton Ran out of books on holiday in Jan so we're people leave the books I took one of them. It was the Roy Hudd autobiography one of the greatest books in the world for getting you asleep.on a sunbed. Highly recommended!

Think I'll save them for the next time I go.on holiday sitting on the sunbed. Like reading autobiographies and of course stuff about Everton Ran out of books on holiday in Jan so we're people leave the books I took one of them. It was the Roy Hudd autobiography one of the greatest books in the world for getting you asleep.on a sunbed. Highly recommended!

...that’s exactly what I do. Chuck them in the suitcase for the next holiday. I’ll take note of the Roy Hudd book, recently died of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.