For Howard 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

For Howard 2017
forhoward-1024x461.jpg

Two years on from the death of Howard Kendall, we're again calling on Evertonians to raise a drink to celebrate the life of Howard Kendall.

#ForHoward started on the weekend of Howard Kendall's funeral, and it did so again in 2016 on the anniversary of the passing of Everton's greatest ever manager - with over 5,000 Evertonians sharing a toast in memory of Kendall.

Post your toast and memories in our forum, on our Facebook page, on Twitter with #ForHoward or email us. A selection of contributions will be uploaded captured below;

Just a thought - wouldn't having this on his birthday be more appropriate and reflect the 'celebratory' tone.

To me, doing it on the anniversary of his death seems a bit depressing.

Only putting it out there, not looking to denigrate the idea at all.

True story

Howard had his car stolen a few weeks before the Bayern Munich game and in the boot was loads of videos of Bayern that were going to be watched for tactics etc. Anyway my Dad contacted a work colleague that lived in Germany and supported Munich, he had every game that Munich had played home and away that season and my Dad got them expressed over here. My Dad took them to Bellfield and left them with a note to Howard telling him what he’d done.

Just after the Munich game my Dad received a phone call to go to Bellfield to collect them. When he got there Howard came down and thanked my Dad for what he’d done and gave him two tickets to the final in Rotterdam.

A legend, a hero and as a boy in the 80s will never forget the memories Howard created for me.

RIP Howard

Would love to know what the great man thinks of this shambles. Doubt he would have liked Ronald at all.

Anyway what a man and is missed by all.

Howard Kendall’s blue and white undies

Out greatest ever manager and a true Everton legend.

I still remember hearing the news and just being in shock. Can't imagine what the feeling was like for that United game because the fans weren't arsed about the result.

Out greatest ever manager and a true Everton legend.

I still remember hearing the news and just being in shock. Can't imagine what the feeling was like for that United game because the fans weren't arsed about the result.
It was awful mate,in fairness united offered to postpone but the fa being the fa dismissed the idea.The only smile I had that day was the banner,"Howard Kendall's blue & white undies", I'm sure Howard would have looked down with a grin:)

1984 fa cup final
Players on their lap of honour
Howard standing in the centre circle
Crowd start singing howardkendals blue and white army with a passion
Howard nodded towards the players for us to recognise their achievement
Also his interview on the telly with his wife and Jimmy Hill after said cup win the pride in his face makes you want to chop onions
Thanks Howard

The man who's achievements as our manager we use as the hard stick to judge and evaluate his successors.One of our greatest players and our greatest ever manager.I can't believe it's been two years ago now since Howard left us.It still feels weird that Howard is no longer around.But he will forever remain in our hearts and in our thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.