For all the elderly beggars on here,an interesting read about a legend and the good days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1644524379934.png

Quick search made, here we go - amazing what you can find on the interweb thingy! Think it's made previous appearances over the years.

Watched it when it was first shown on telly, cracking programme for any Everton fan. Seen it again in recent years (suppressed tears). A wonderful era as a young Blue growing up. Er, the footage in the strip club while watching with parents in those days .. Haha
I also watched with my parents, kind of embarrassing for me. " Nice hair" my mother commented when the stripper got her boobs out.?

Apologies for the excessive thread title!!!
Enjoy peeps:)

The GV he glided over the muddy pitches his small stature did not deter him from hanging in the air to score headers - on his day unplayable - alas he admitted himself due to blistered feet he showed inconsistancy - his partner incrime Royston Vernon was a joy to watch - yet Vernon seemed to be overlooked....

I have never witnessed the idolisation especially from the Gwladys Street end - the banners the roar when he scored etc only Bally ironically replaced that idolisation - funny Bally chose us on the basis of the GV being in our team ...
TBH I was lucky myself to see them play for a short period - the GV wearing the no7 shirt - they were magical clicked into gear liked they had played in the same team for seasons .....

It was a sign of things to come under the magic of Bally In the Holy Trinity as the GV moved on as player Manager at Glentorian & finally Stockport .....

A genial footballer who claimed other had not been injured joining Everton he may have saved Manager John Carey his job - as from day one he could not get on with Harry Catterick, being a Carey big signing .....

Status
Not open for further replies.