Football Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored of Everton and my disillusionment with football being accelerated by VAR. I’ve always said I’ll fall out of love with it at some point and I’m pretty sure that point has just happened.

An entire life of loving football, but while that's been fading in recent years, it snapped for me tonight.

It's not about Everton, although them being abysmal doesn't help - it's about the lack of fairness, the corruption, the way money controls everything in the game.

I'm a season ticket holder who didn't go tonight because I simply couldn't be arsed. I stopped watching the moment that handball decision was made. I won't watch another minute of the sport.
It hit me a few weeks ago and, again, it's not just because we're crap, it's because the game has become a scripted pantomime.

I live I a small wiltshire town - I'm going to just watch local amateur stuff from now on - theres no money and no absolute necessity to fix games.

Sky and bt have robbed the common man of a sport and murdered it.

IF ANY OF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO SKY, DITCH IT, SAVE YOURSELF SOME CASH AND GIVE IT YOUR KIDS FOR CHRISTMAS INSTEAD.

lol

The thing is without VAR that wouldn't have been given as a penalty anyway same as Brighton.

Its not VAR its the inconsistency game by game.

An entire life of loving football, but while that's been fading in recent years, it snapped for me tonight.

It's not about Everton, although them being abysmal doesn't help - it's about the lack of fairness, the corruption, the way money controls everything in the game.

I'm a season ticket holder who didn't go tonight because I simply couldn't be arsed. I stopped watching the moment that handball decision was made. I won't watch another minute of the sport.

Felt exactly the same way after Brighton last week. Falling out of love with it very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.