Food banks at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Esk

Player Valuation: £70m
I don't know all the details behind this initiative but I know it's for a genuine and needy cause and Everton Football Club have become official partners.

The Everton Supporters Trust and the Spirit of Shankly have come together to help tackle foodbank shortages with collections at all home games.

They're Twitter handle is @SFoodbanks - it would be great if you could help their fantastic efforts to help alleviate food poverty on Merseyside.

More details from the OS here: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/09/16/support-our-food-bank

"Evertonians are being encouraged to support the food bank by making a donation at Saturday’s game against Middlesbrough.
Thanks to the work of the Fans’ Forum and other supporters' groups, drop-off points will be available in the FanZone at Goodison Park and also The Winslow Hotel and St Luke’s Church on Goodison Road.

It is estimated food banks across the UK support over one million people each year, including over 160,000 in the North West.

Supporters are advised that the following items would be gratefully received:

Sugar
Milk (UHT or dried)
Fruit juice
Tinned fish/meat
Tinned tomatoes
Mash potatoes (instant)
Tinned rice pudding
Tinned fruit
Tinned vegetables
Coffee/tea
Jam
Cereals
Small chocolate or snack bars
Tinned soup
Pasta sauce
Pasta
Toiletries"

Thanks.

I don't know all the details behind this initiative but I know it's for a genuine and needy cause and Everton Football Club have become official partners.

The Everton Supporters Trust and the Spirit of Shankly have come together to help tackle foodbank shortages with collections at all home games.

They're Twitter handle is @SFoodbanks - it would be great if you could help their fantastic efforts to help alleviate food poverty on Merseyside.

More details from the OS here: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/09/16/support-our-food-bank

"
Evertonians are being encouraged to support the food bank by making a donation at Saturday’s game against Middlesbrough.
Thanks to the work of the Fans’ Forum and other supporters' groups, drop-off points will be available in the FanZone at Goodison Park and also The Winslow Hotel and St Luke’s Church on Goodison Road.

It is estimated food banks across the UK support over one million people each year, including over 160,000 in the North West.

Sugar
Milk (UHT or dried)
Fruit juice
Tinned fish/meat
Tinned tomatoes
Mash potatoes (instant)
Tinned rice pudding
Tinned fruit
Tinned vegetables
Coffee/tea
Jam
Cereals
Tinned soup
Pasta sauce
Pasta
Toiletries"

Thanks.
Thanks for that mate hope you are well.

"Evertonians are being encouraged to support the food bank by making a donation at Saturday’s game against Middlesbrough.

Sugar
Milk (UHT or dried)
Fruit juice
Tinned fish/meat
Tinned tomatoes
Mash potatoes (instant)
Tinned rice pudding
Tinned fruit
Tinned vegetables
Coffee/tea
Jam
Cereals
Tinned soup
Pasta sauce
Pasta
Toiletries"

Thanks.
*stops at Aldi on Walton Rd on way to the ground

This is great. I love to see communities supporting each other. As somebody who has been actively involved in setting up a Clothing Bank in County Durham (like a foodbank but with clothes and toiletries) I have seen first hand how desperately these items are needed and how appreciated they are. And guys, I know you might be embarrassed but please if you are, ask your wife/Mum/girlfriend to get them but can I make a plea for feminine hygeine products. They are expensive and can you imagine being homeless and dealing with that every month or being a Mum with a couple of teenage daughters.

Finally,though, *rant alert* this is 21st Britain, one of the richest economies in the world and we have foodbanks. How quickly poverty has been normalised. I saw a sign above some beans in the Co-op the other day "ideal for the foodbank" it said. WT actual F? Have we really accepted that it is OK that some people are starving in this country and that foodbanks are just another part of our society.

we still send money to india which has a space programme. common sense in politics no chance
We have more than enough in this country to ensure no one goes hungry. It doesn't work out that way, but that's a separate issue to what we give to the needy overseas.

We also have a moral responsibility to help poorer people around the world, regardless of how their governments spend their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.